Funza Lushaka Bursary www.eservices.gov.za. E-Services are online applications that enable citizens to consume available government services. You can browse available services under the e-Services menu tab. You will need your credentials to Login and consume these e-Services.
You will need a Username and Password to use the Portal. So, if you have not registered before please click on the link: “Sign Up/Register”. You will need your ID number or Passport number (if you are a foreigner), your mobile number and email address to register. Once you have registered you can use the e-mail address and password you provided to Login and access the e-Services on the Portal.
Funza Lushaka Bursary www.eservices.gov.za
BURSARY PROGRAMME TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The bursary is only awarded to South African citizens with a valid South African ID number
- Should you have a criminal record, charged with misconduct or dismissed from work, kindly note that you are not eligible to apply for this bursary
- Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institutions employees, their spouse and their dependants/children is not permissible.
- Bursary applicants must already have been accepted into a BEd or PGCE qualification at an accredited public university. The applicant must also meet the national selection criteria for the Funza Lushaka bursary. Click here to read the national selection criteria.
- The bursary will only be awarded if two of the priority area subjects are included as a specialisation in the teaching qualification, except for Foundation Phase specialisation.
- Please note that you are responsible for paying your own registration fee, awaiting the outcome of the bursary application. Paying for the registration fee does not mean you will receive the bursary.
- The Bursary Selection Committee meets and processes all bursary applications during February and March of the academic year.
- The Funza Bursary Coordinator at the University will notify you not later than 30 April as to whether you have been awarded the bursary or not.
- The bursary holder is not allowed to change the area of specialisation on which basis the bursary was awarded.
- On qualification the bursar will be required to take up a provincial teaching post. The bursar will not be granted permission to defer this contractual obligation; for example to continue with full-time Honours studies, nor will the bursar be granted permission to take a “gap” year.
- Bursars will be expected to have and retain an Email address and a cell phone contact number for the duration of the study for communication purposes.
- The bursary must be repaid if the recipient fails to meet the requirements of the bursary agreement.
- The amount that is repayable is the full amount of the bursary received under the programme less one year’s funding for every year spent teaching at a public school. Interest will be charged at the rate determined by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) who administer financial aspects of the bursary on behalf of the Department of Basic Education.
- The bursary awarded is for one academic year at a time. On proof of academic success the bursary may be renewed each year for the official duration of the qualification. The bursary holder will be required to re-apply from the 1st October annually.
- The applicant should demonstrate good academic ability.
- The applicant must show commitment to a teaching career, which includes: interest in working with young people, enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching, readiness to face and surmount difficult challenges and personal integrity
Foundation Phase (i.e. Grades R-3): Any of the Language of teaching and learning, or any one of the following Braille, SASL and Neurodevelopmental Needs
Intermediate and Senior Phase (i.e. Grades 4-9): Preference will be given for a teaching in TWO majors of the following: Languages, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Technology, Braille, SASL and Neurodevelopmental Needs
FET Phase (i.e. Grades 10-12): Preference will be given for teaching in TWO majors of the following: Accounting, Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural Technology, Civil Technology, Computer Applications, Electrical Technology, Engineering Graphics and Design, Geography, Information Technology, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Technology, Physical Sciences, Languages, Technical Mathematics, Technical Sciences, Economics, Braille, SASL and Neurodevelopmental Needs.
For more information Visit official Funza Lushaka Bursary www.eservices.gov.za