Fully Funded EPSRC CDT PhD Scholarships at Swansea University. The EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Enhancing Human Interactions and Collaborations with Data and Intelligence Driven Systems is based within the Computational Foundry. We are now recruiting our 2021 cohort of students.
JOIN OUR PEOPLE-FIRST MOVEMENT AND CHANGE THE WORLD
You do not need to look far for evidence that highlights widespread and growing concerns around the coming transformations promised by big data and artificial intelligence.
There is a darkness descending on and through the digital and our Centre is a beacon of light, with a fresh and passionate outlook that provides insights recognised globally and works to attract diverse groups of PhD researchers, stakeholders and community members to co-create a better future. There are great examples of how data-driven and intelligent systems can be hugely positive for society; our Centre will help realise such hopes by grounding them in the rich messiness of human life and aspirations.
We address a clear and challenging need to put people at the heart of research and innovation for data-driven and intelligent technologies. A need valued by our external partners who include Admiral Group, Tata Steel, Ford, Fujitsu, McAfee, Google, NHS and Facebook.
While there will be many, often essential, initiatives to train computational researchers in terms of fundamental data analytics and AI algorithms and processes, our Centre will foster breakthroughs in core aspects of computational science that can enhance the human experience of and engagement with data and intelligence in challenging contexts by exposing and disrupting the science to and by their demands.
Eligibility EPSRC CDT PhD Scholarships
Candidates should hold a minimum of upper second class (2:1) honours degree (or its equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics. We are building a community that aspires to have a high degree of diversity of perspective so you are encouraged to apply if you have a background in Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences, Law, Management, etc.
Candidates should have an aptitude and ability in computational thinking and methods including the ability to write software or enthusiasm to learn how to do so.
For non-native English language speakers, an IELTS average score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any element is required. For details on the University’s English Language entry requirements, please visit – http://www.swansea.ac.uk/admissions/english-language-requirements/
International and EU students are eligible to apply but should note that they will have to pay the difference between the home (UK) UKRI fee and the institutional international student fee.
Funding EPSRC CDT PhD Scholarships
Each scholarship covers the full cost of UK tuition fees and an annual stipend (£15,285 in academic year 2020/21).
How to Apply EPSRC CDT PhD Scholarships
To apply, please submit the following documents (in PDF) to [email protected]:
- Degree certificates and transcripts (if you are still an undergraduate, provide a transcript of results known to date)
- A statement no longer than 2 pages of A4 in length that explains why you want to join our Centre and what you will bring to our community. You should outline the sorts of AI and big data challenges you are interested in and which of our challenging contexts that particularly appeal to you. You do not need to specify a detailed research plan at this time though as this will be shaped during the first year.
- College of Science PGR Scholarship Application
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring Form_Ffurflen Monitro
- Academic references – all scholarship applications require two supporting references to be submitted. Please ensure that your chosen referees are aware of the funding deadline, as their references form a vital part of the evaluation process. Please either include these with your scholarship application or ask your referees to send them directly to [email protected]
Interviews will take place between 21 and 22 April 2021.
For more information Visit official Scholarships Webage