Foreman Process Plant Operations at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine October, 2020
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Foreman Process Plant Operations to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the process plant department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Processing Plant Operations Superintendent
Work Schedule: Forty Two (42) Days On / Twenty One (21) Days Off
- Manage subordinates which includes shift handovers, timesheets, log sheets, over inspections and employee relations
- Develop subordinates by continuously improving the knowledge of team and conducting on the job training
- Plan activities in accordance with production and maintenance schedules and allocate resources as required
- Liaise and synchronise plant maintenance schedules/activities with engineering sections to prevent gold losses or equipment damages.
- Analyses section log sheets, short intervals controls and shift reports, e.g. tonnage throughput, plant efficiency, incident reports, analyses and instructs Process Supervisors and Maintenance Supervisors to take remedial action, e.g. change feed rate, moistures, chemical concentration.
- Establishes performance target with subordinates, evaluate performance and correct deviations from standards. Assesses subordinates for quarterly and yearly performances.
- Supervise the plant operations team to maximize plant throughput and recovery at optimum costs and in accordance with established operating procedures and metallurgical guidelines.
- Manage working cost budget through system monitoring and take corrective action where necessary.
- Assist Plant Superintendent to develop and implement training and mentoring programs which ensure employees learn new skills and develop to their full potential. Take appropriate action to remedy any substandard performance or behavior.
- Provide the leadership to create a working environment which ensures minimum disruption due to labour turnover or industrial relations activities.
- Implement employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance and to identify and correct unsatisfactory performance or inappropriate behavior.
- Ensure there is adherence to all Barrick – Bulyanhulu policies and procedures.
- Continually review every aspect of the process operation and make recommendations to management of where current arrangements may be improved.
- To carry out any other relevant duties as assigned by the Process Plant Operations Superintendent
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Full Technician Certificate (FTC)
- A minimum of 9 years’ experience in Process plant operations including gravity recovery, base metals flotation and gold production
- At least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Plant Foreman experience will be advantageous
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “FOREMAN PROCESS PLANT OPERATIONS“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 11th October 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com