Location Moshi, Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
In order to succeed in this task, the FC must be highly skilled in accounting processes, and also be a good team member, as they will be working with the lab team, nursery and sales teams to track all of our stock.
Financial Controller Job
Key activities & responsibilities
Below are described the main activities and responsibilities for the F&S position:
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
Required Controller skills
The ideal candidate for the F&S Officer position has:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Is good in English and fluent in Swahili, in written and in verbal form, and has good communication and presentation skills;
- Is good in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Has an open mind and is eager to continuously learn and improve his/her professional skills;
- Is a good communicator and team player and fit to work as “spider in the web”;
- Is accurate and good in time management;
Maua Mazuri provides high yielding and disease free seeds in Tanzania, via the Miti Mingi Laboratory in Kilimanjaro.