Children in Tanzania’, aims to catalyze the ECD (Early Childhood Development) private sector in Tanzania, by developing a ‘Hub & Spoke’ business model for the provision of low-cost, high quality and scalable play-based ECD – improving the cognitive, physical, socio-emotional and language development of children aged 3-5 from low income families in Dar-Es-Salaam.
Finance Officer At Brac Tanzania, December 2020
Job Title: Finance Officer
- Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization
- Manage financial control, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the organization on budget expenditures.
- Oversee the financial audits of all projects of the organization. Assist with audit preparation, auditor reviews and implementation of recommendations as directed
- Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management, Human Resource Management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration
- Provide orientation and training to the organization staff on cost-effective management
- Prepare and submit to Finance Manager interim and final donor financial reports for review.
- Promptly follow-up and make adjustments to monthly and interim donor reports based on feedback from the program managers
- Ensure all accounts policies and procedures of the organization are being followed/put into practice and organization control system have
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Accounts, Finance, Economics, Investment from any recognized university. CPA, ACCA will be an added advantage
- Two (2) years working experience in not for profit organization with strong supervisory and management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in budget reparation and analysis, donor reporting and presentation
- Leadership, organization and Management Skills
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Computer literacy
- Analytical and critical thinking
How to apply:
HRD, BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania,
Plot No 17, Coca Cola Road – Light Industrial Area, Mikocheni
P.O. Box 105213, Dar es Salaam
or through email to [email protected] with the subject “Finance Officer” The application deadline is 02.01.2021.
(Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).
BRAC in Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and is against all forms of exploitation, discrimination, and harassment at the workplace