Invitation from Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality for unemployed graduates to apply for finance Internships Programme 2021. The interns are for the period of 3 years.
- Internship Application Closing Date : 05 March 2021 @ 14H00.
- Internship Location: Port Elizabeth
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT INTERN (TWO POSITIONS)
POSITION CODE: 8234
In compliance with the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified African/Coloured/White/Indian (female) and White/Indian (male) applicants.
Qualifications and experience required:
- B. Com. Degree majoring in accounting or a National Diploma in Cost Accounting.
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
- A valid Code B Driver’s (or learners) License.
- Financial accounting related work experience (recommended).
Key attributes and competencies:
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English and at least one other official local language.
Finance Internships purpose:
- Assisting in implementing the Municipal Finance Management Act and budget reforms.
- Assisting in developing statistical reporting modules and financial policies and procedures.
- Capturing financial data.
As part of the selection process, candidates may be tested on any requirement, skill or competency, which will include pre-employment screening, a medical examination, security vetting and psychometric assessment.
Fringe benefits will include membership of a Retirement Fund, Medical Aid Scheme, Group Life Assurance Scheme, participation in a Housing Subsidy and Car Schemes (subject to the conditions of the various Schemes), and normal leave and sick leave benefits.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION IN RESPECT OF THE ABOVE POSITIONS:
Alternatively, requests for the official application form must be emailed to [email protected]. No application forms other than the above mentioned will be accepted.
Completed application forms, CVs and certified copies of supporting documentation must be mailed to Reception, eighth floor, Lillian Diedericks Building, Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth 6000 or delivered to the eighth floor, Lillian Diedericks Building, Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth or emailed to [email protected].
Enquiries: Tel. 041 506 3259