Finance and Administration Intern. UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver
inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done
through the provision of high-quality executive
education, facilitation of policy dialogues, action-oriented research and technical assistance for public and private institutions.
The Finance and Administration Department
plays a vital role in ensuring the Institute’s planned activities are run and implemented
smoothly within the allocated budget. It
administers the Institute’s cash flows and
budgets, prepares and submits periodic financialbreports, oversees fixed assets and ensures statutory compliances are in order whilst providing guidance and insights to create value.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
The successful candidate will support the
Finance and Administration Team with the day-
to-day operations of the department, reporting
directly to the Finance Officer.
This role exposes fresh graduates to efficient
and accurate accounting functions. The Finance
and Administration Intern will:
- Prepare payment vouchers and cheques.
- Update the cashbooks.
- Prepare bank and petty cash reconciliations.
- File finance documents to ensure accurate
record keeping, including receipts, vouchersetc.
- Revise and verify staff imprest retirements.
- Assist to prepare financial reports.
Apply Also:- ICT Internship At UONGOZI Institute, September 2021
Duration and work schedule
The selected candidate will be provided with a
three-month contract with the possibility of
extension under certain conditions. Some
assignments will involve travelling.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced
- Strong verbal and written communication
skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
How to apply Finance and Administration Intern
Join our Finance and Administration Department by submitting an application via
[email protected] with the subject
line “Finance Intern” by September 19, 2021, at
05:00 PM (EAT). The application should include
a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV)
with contact details of three referees.