Job Description OCODE
The Bonga Forum Supervisor will provide technical and academic assistance to the Bonga Forum Super girls/ mentors. Generally, the Supervisor will also be responsible for;
- Coordinating between OCODE and Bonga forums and communicating the correct information.
- Responsible for formation and strengthening of Bonga forum in the first year and formation of Bonga Network in the third year.
- Responsible for linking the different Bonga forums and Networks for business opportunities and with private sector.
- Lobbying and linking forums and networks with government support/ youth opportunities at the district and ward level.
- Linking the Bonga forums and Networks to participate in Ward/District budgeting process
- Together with Bonga Supervisor the Forum Supervisor will participate in conducting market survey for identification of viable trades within the communities for Bonga participants.
- Identify areas skill gaps in the different trades being conducted by the graduate Bonga participants and identify local artisans to provide the necessary trainings.
- Ensuring timely procurement and distribution of necessary materials for continue of life skills and awareness sessions and improvement of vocational skills.
- Take lead in conducting Participatory Rural Appraisal exercises for identification of advocacy issues and take lead in conducting advocacy and lobbying with the graduates
- Take lead in organizing community out reaches for sensitization and awareness creation, community dialogues and leisure with the community members.
- Routine and frequent monitoring of progress of skills acquisition and taking corrective actions with frequent feedback to the trainers and the trainees.
- Coordinating the reports and sending the same to the higher supervisor at OCODE.
- Planning and implementation of the Bonga Forums and Networks activities as per the agreed Memorandum of Understanding between OCODE and Bonga.
- Organizing coordination refresher trainings for Forums and Network leaders
- Budgeting, Implementing, Monitoring and Auditing of the Bonga Forum and Network intervention
- Shouldering total responsibility for ensuring quality of the programme is not compromised making the program successful
- Collaborating with Bonga Forum Support team to ensure that community, including the parents are fully involved
- Ensure cross-learning (exchange visits) across the different Forums and Networks within the same location and with Bonga centres.
How to Apply:
Candidates who meet the position’s requirements are encouraged to apply with a CV of not more than 2 pages, contact details of 2 referees and a page cover letter to the Director of Programs describing their skills and competitive advantage for the position by email to: [email protected] Please disclose your salary expectation for this vacancy. Applications should be sent before the end of 21st of August 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Do not send any education certificates at this stage