FHI 360 Job Tanzania, Chief of Party (COP). FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Chief of Party (COP).
Description FHI 360 Job Tanzania, Chief of Party (COP)
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Chief of Party for an anticipated United States Government (USG) project focused on focused on addressing critical gaps in the provision of comprehensive HIV and tuberculosis (TB) services in Tanzania. The COP will provide leadership, managerial and technical support throughout the implementation of the project and will be responsible for the administration, program management, performance monitoring and technical implementation and oversight of all program activities. The COP will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the Tanzanian Government and USG and is expected to have regular communication with the Agreement Officer’s Representative. The COP is responsible for ensuring compliance with FHI 360 policies and procedures and USG rules and regulations. The COP is responsible for ensuring sub-awardee compliance and monitoring quality of program implementation. The position will be based in Tanzania and will report to the FHI 360 East Africa Director. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to USG approval.
- Provide overall management, strategic direction, and technical leadership to the project to achieve expected project results within budget and timeframe.
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation, and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Serve as principal liaison to USG and the Tanzanian Government and ensure high level of coordination and nurture relationships with all key stakeholders including partner organizations/at national and county level, on administrative, financial and programmatic matters related to the project.
- Liaise with USG partners and other donors and implementing agencies to ensure coordination of and synergy with other USG HIV activities.
- Oversee report preparation and submission to meet USG and corporate reporting requirements to document program performance and monitor overall award compliance.
- Lead preparation of annual work-plans, project activity updates, and other project-related communication and reporting materials.
- Oversee a team of senior technical, program and finance staff and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members.
- Supervising all project staff, including ensuring that field staff regularly prepare and update performance data.
- Represent the project at regional, national and international forums, including technical conferences, policy briefings, etc.
- Ensure timely, high-quality, and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USG.
- Oversee the identification of technical assistance needs at national and county to be supported to improve performance towards achieving the goals and objectives of the National Strategic Plan.
- Oversee management systems for the cost-effective implementation of all project activities.
- Develop suitable scopes of work for the engagement and execution of technical assistance contracts as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Management, Social Work, Business Administration with a focus on public health, social sciences, or related field.
- A minimum of ten years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility designing, implementing, managing and leading large development programs involving multiple partners, stakeholders and geographic target areas in a developing country.
- A minimum of five years prior experience as a Chief of Party or similar leadership role of similar size and complexity.
- A minimum of three years of experience providing specific technical direction and oversight of the development and management of TB programs with key populations.
- Management experience with a USG funding mechanism and familiarity with USG agreement regulations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience leading a technical activity through evidence and data driven decision making.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to liaise with senior government officials, dignitaries, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, and the for-profit business community, and senior members of the donor community.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum MS Office.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.