Amani Orphans Home Mbigili. The Farm Officer will oversee the implementation of the farm projects including designing strategies to minimize cost while maximizing productions. -The Farm officer is responsible to supervise a number of Day workers and one sales officer to ensure that they perform according to the requirement of the project objectives. -The farm officer will work closely with the Children Department to ensure that products planted in the farm are in line with the requirements of the children departments’ ratio.
Job Title: Farm Officer
Organization: Amani Orphans Home Mbigili in Iringa
Reports to: Project Manager
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER:
The Amani Orphans Home Mbigili was founded in the light to improve the standard of living of AIDS orphans and destitute children and to provide them access to all basic human rights in Iringa Region. The primary objective is to support children and their families through difficult times and ensure that vulnerable children under the support of AOHM are safeguarded from harm.
Amani Orphans Home Mbigili has the farm project which is important and the major source of food for the orphanage .This farm is a symbiotic project in nature since it supplies food to the orphanage and Mkawaganga Primary School. The farm produce a number of various products such as vegetables, milk, meat and poultry products. It is also the source of vegetables to the families in village and the income received is reinvested to the farm to cover various production costs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, Farm Officer will perform the following duties:
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and budgets;
- Provide technical advice to the farm team on how to adopt best farming practices.
- Provide technical backstopping to the day workers through regular On-farm monitoring visits,
- Provide technical advice and design small scale drip irrigation systems
- Provide guidance to the farm team about basic procedures of Poultry and animal keeping
- Establish a system to monitor and evaluate project activities, collect and update accurate and timely farm Data
- Provide technical advice about best practices to keep the farm animals healthy.
- Support the sales officer to design strategies that maximize sales of farm products in the village market.
- Conduct weekly meeting with the farm team to collect challenges and create way forward to solve the challenges.
- Report all farming issues to the AOHM project manager and suggest measures for improvement
- Take care of farm assets and ensure equipment’s are stored in an appropriate manners.
- Lead the farm team.
- The applicants should at least hold a Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Extension services, Agriculture Sciences, Rural Development, or Veterinary. Additional training or experience in Drip irrigation system will be an added advantage
- At least One year of relevant experience in preparation and execution of agricultural projects in rural areas.
- Working knowledge of English and Swahili
- Good knowledge of project planning and management.
- Experience in driving a tractor is an added advantage, (but if you don’t know but you are willing to learn is also fine)
- Crafting Knowledge is a must have skills
- Must be able to Slaughter animals (Goat, Pigs, Chicken and Cows)
- Driving license class A and B, or C as an added advantage
- Computer literacy i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
NOTE: The farm has some Pigs, so the applicant must be able to work in an environment with such animals.
The farm Officer will be communicating regularly with the German Stakeholders, so Knowledge on
Emails, attachments etc. are important. The Farm Officer shall supervise a number of 7 staff members.
How to Apply Farm Officer At Amani Orphans Home Mbigili
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, updated CV with three referees, day telephone contacts to:
Human Resource Manager,
Email: [email protected]
Deadline of submission is 17th August, 2020. To start Working on 01st September 2020.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.