Endowment Fund Manager At Hubert Kairuki Memorial University, January 2020. Hubert Kairuki Memorial University (HKMU) was established in 1997, being among the first private universities to be accredited in Tanzania in the year 2000, it has since then received local, regional and international recognition.
It was the idea of Prof Hubert C.M Kairuki and his wife Mrs Kokushubira Kairuki to establish the University, moved by the situation in Tanzania after independence in 1961, whereby diseases, poverty and ignorance were declared the country’s key enemies.
Endowment Fund Manager At Hubert Kairuki Memorial University, January 2020
Hubert Kairuki Memorial University (HKMU) is looking for qualified and well experienced Tanzanians, to fill the following position below
Position: ENDOWMENT FUND MANAGER
The Endowment Fund Manager is the in-charge of the Fund responsible for the day to day running of the Trust ensuring it achieves its mission and objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicants must be in possession of a Master degree or its equivalent in the fields of business administration, finance, accounting or economics. Interested applicants must have at least five years of experience in financial services or business role. Key competencies of the Fund Manager should include ability to act as a team player; proficiency in ICT technology; proven advocacy skills and ability to determine and manage risks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing a Five-year Trust Strategic Development Plan in alignment with the HKMU Five-year Strategic Plan.
- Developing and implementing annual work plans based on the Five-year Strategic Plan.
- Regularly monitoring and evaluating the Trust strategic plans.
- Development and managing annual budgets forthe running of the Trust.
- Analysing and implementing robust investment strategies.
- Raising funds through various methods as provided in the Trust Deed.
- Providing timely financial and administrative reports.
- Preparing and facilitating financial external audits.
- Preparing documents and organising meetings of the Board of Trustees in liaison with the Secretary.
- Upholding best practices and ethical standards.
- Developing, updating and maintaining a robust database of stakeholders including financial contributors and beneficiaries.
- Collaborating and networking with individuals including HKMU Alumni and like-minded institutions.
- Developing and managing Risk Register including risk assessment, mitigation and risk-management plans.
- Advocating for and popularising the fund in the community including the civil society and the private sector actors.
- Performing any other duties as may be required.
Reporting to: The Vice Chancellor (VC)
- Three (3) years contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and successful completion of a six months’ probation period upon recruitment.
- According to the HKMU salary scales and fringe benefits.
Interested and qualified applicant for the above post are requested to submit application letter and curriculum vitae, attaching copies of their certificates to:
The deadline for submitting the application is 30th January, 2021.