EducationUSA Scholars Program 2020 For Tanzanian.
EducationUSA Scholars Program 2020 For Tanzanian. The EducationUSA office at the United States Embassy in Dar es Salaam seeks to identify and recruit 40 academically strong Tanzanian students who scored A in the 2020 CSEE, to join the EducationUSA Scholars Program (ESP). The candidates must also have a minimum of grade A in both English and Mathematics.
Our mission at EducationUSA is to participate in the creation of highly skilled and globally educated leaders to build tomorrow’s Tanzania. The ESP works with students through regularly scheduled training sessions to guide them while applying for admission and financial aid to U.S.universities and colleges.
Since its inception, the EducationUSA Scholars Program has worked with hundreds of Tanzania students.
The Scholars receive free membership to the EducationUSA Advising centers in Dar es salaam. In return, EducationUSA expects a sincere commitment from the students to give their best to the program and to give back to their communities.
The program is not limited geographically; however, students must be able to reach our offices in Dar es Salaam, as required for full participation. Students will work with the EducationUSA Adviser and interns in 2021/2022 to try and secure admission and financial aid from U.S. universities. Admitted students will begin their studies in the U.S. in August 2021.
Qualifications: A VERY strong record in academics, co-curricular and leadership activities, and community service plus demonstrated financial need.
Complete this application form and submit it with the required documents listed at the end of the application form by Friday, October 16, 2020, at 4:00 pm. Successful applicants should bring the required documents listed at the end of the application form during the oral interview.
THE ESP THREE – TIERED APPLICATION PROCESS:
Tier 1: Application Submission
- Applicants must complete the application package and submit it by the deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications submitted after October 16 at 4:00 pm EAT will NOT be considered.
- N/B: Applicants are advised to study for the SAT/ACT test in Round 2 to be prepared in case they are selected for Round 2.
- Due to the high volume of applications expected, EducationUSA will contact ONLY those who are successfully selected to proceed to Round 2 by Monday, October 19, 2020.
Tier 2: SAT/ACT Testing
- Applicants will select which test they wish to take: the ACT or the SAT. Follow this link for an article that can help you determine which test you should take https://blog.prepscholar.com/act-vs-sat.
- The SAT/ACT mock exam will take place from October 20 to October 21, 2020. The venue and time will be communicated to the applicants who are selected during Round 1. It is recommended that applicants practice for the SAT test ahead of time using these online resources: Khan Academy, College Board, Veritas Prep, kaptestglobal.comand cracksat.net. For the ACT, applicants may use the PrepScholar Resource for Official ACT practice tests and PowerScore to prepare for the test.
- Applicants who meet the cut-off score of 1300 (650 minimum score each in verbal and mathematics) in the SAT mock test and a cut off of 31 in the ACT mock test, will be contacted and given the relevant information to proceed to the interview in Round 3.
- Feedback on the SAT/ACT mock test will be emailed to the applicants.
Tier 3: Oral Interview
- Successful test-takers in Tier TWO will be invited for an oral interview on Friday, October 23, 2020.
- ENTRANCE INTO THIS PROGRAM DOES NOT GUARANTEE ADMISSION OR FINANCIAL AID TO STUDY IN THE U.S.
2020 EducationUSA Scholars Program application deadline October 16, 2020, at 4:00 pm