Driver II at Arusha International Conference Centre (AICC) was established under the Public Corporations Act No. 17 of 1969 by Presidential Order through Government Notice number 115, published on 25th August, 1978. The Centre is wholly owned by the Government of United Republic of Tanzania and operates under the purview of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and East African Co-operation.
AICC was established to manage and control the Headquarters’ complex of the defunct East African Community in Arusha which belonged to the defunct East African Community. It also owns Julius Nyerere International Convention Centre as per Arusha International Conference Centre (Amendment) Order of 2014, dated 19th March, 2014; and provide facilities and services on the complex for purposes of conferences, meetings, seminars etc.
Driver II at Arusha International Conference Centre
JOB TITLE: DRIVER II
The Centre invites applications from suitably qualified Public Servants who wish to be transferred to Arusha International Conference Centre (AICC)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives AICC’s vehicles
- Maintains and records vehicle logbooks
- Responsible for safe-keeping of the vehicle and tools entrusted to him/her
- Maintains cleanliness of the vehicle tools
- Reports promptly any defect or problems detected in the vehicle
- Dispatches or collects documents/letters
- Makes some minor repairs of vehicles
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Holder of a Secondary School Education Certificate/Advanced Secondary School Education Certificate having a valid Driving License Class C or E and one-year Basic Driving Course plus driving experience of at least one year without causing accidents. Possession of Trade Test Grade II/Level II in Motor Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics is an added advantage.