Director of Planning And Technical Services (1 POST) At TSHTDA
POST: DIRECTOR OF PLANNING AND TECHNICAL SERVICES. – 1 POST
EMPLOYER: Tanzania Smallholder Tea Development Agency (TSHTDA)
- To facilitate planning process for tea smallholders and monitor their implementation in collaboration with Agricultural Services Extension Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To collect and analyze data to be used in planning exercises;
- To coordinate all planning activities of Tea Small Holders;
- To formulate and participate in the formulation investment strategies in respect to new or expansion of tea factories;
- To coordinate the preparation of annual, short and long term plans for the tea Small Holders;
- To review implementation process;
- To carry out initial project evaluation and appraisal in terms of content and advice the Director General accordingly;
- To ensure the collection and proper keeping of all statistical data;
- To plan, budget, monitor, coordinate and control all tea production operations of the tea small- holders;
- To recommend policy that will increase total green tea leaf production;
- To carry out Annual Performance appraisal for all staff under him/her; and
- To perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the Director General.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree either in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics or Business Administration from a recognized University with not less than seven (7) years working experience of which at least 3 years must be in management position in the Public service or reputable Private organization with outstanding knowledge in Tea Industry.
- A Master’s Degree or Post Graduate Diploma either in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics or Business Administration will be an added advantage.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30th October, 2020