JOB TITLE: Digital and Social Content Producer
Dar es Salaam
Who We Are
Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create youth brands and mobile platforms for young people in ways they love and interact with. We deliver these through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
Context of the Role
In partnership with the Vodafone Foundation, Girl Effect has launched ‘Tujibebe’, a vibrant media brand for girls in Tanzania. In addition to our website, Facebook page and IVR line, we’re launching a radio drama and talk show at the end of this this year. It’s a pivotal time in Tujibebe’s evolution and expansion, and we’re looking for an exceptional social and digital content producer to take responsibility for growing and strengthening our digital platforms.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the Tujibebe Brand and Content lead on Tujibebe’s digital and social media strategy. This will include liaising closely with other products to cross-promote and re-purpose content.
- Drive the execution of the strategy, ensuring Tujibebe’s digital and social channels are kept ‘alive’ with best in-class digital content.
- Lead on reformatting and reversioning our audio products (radio drama, talkshow and IVR content) for use on Tujibebe’s digital platforms
- Shape and own Tujibebe’s tone of voice on digital and social channels to foster a positive community, drive conversation and increase engagement with our content
- Regularly develop and pitch creative content ideas and campaigns for social
- Launch Tujibebe’s instagram channel and build a loyal and engaged following
- Regularly write copy for social media posts, Tujibebe website articles and SMS blasts
- Moderate comments and interactions, ensuring that all products are in line with Girl Effect’s Editorial Guidelines, contractual and copyright requirements, and other relevant policies. Escalate potential editorial/ moderation issues when necessary.
- Collect and help to analyse audience feedback via social media
- Schedule Tujibebe’s paid posts on Facebook
- Manage and contract freelance graphic designers, illustrators, animators, photographers and videographers
- Support with translation of copy from English to Kiswahili
- Keep across emerging trends on social media and other online products and regularly share new ideas with other members of the creative team in Tanzania and globally
- Adhoc ‘production coordinator’ support for shoots, events, workshops
- Understand and comply with the Safeguarding policy
- Undertake any other relevant tasks or responsibilities as requested by your line manager
Who You Are
- You have a proven track record of building and engaging online audiences for youth brands and programmes
- You can demonstrate creative flair with strong writing skills and the ability to create engaging multimedia content across multiple channels
- You have some experience of using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, the Adobe Creative Suite or Final Cut Pro, and can confidently shoot ‘lo-fi’ still image and video
- You have a strong design eye and can brief and deliver social media assets that are both ‘on brand’ for Tujibebe, and eye-catching for our audience
- You are able to deliver against timelines and deadlines through prioritisation and organisation
- You have an understanding of the issues affecting girls in Tanzania and can demonstrate a commitment to realising the vision and values of Tujibebe and Girl Effect
What Else You Should Know
- As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
- Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
- At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact.
- This role is being recruited as a 12 month fixed term contract.
Deadline to Apply: 24th November 2020