Database Administrator At CRDB Bank, January 2021. We are a collection of individuals who believe in excellence. We are always on the look out for fresh talent and we hiring people who have the drive to succeed and the will to implement the discipline required to succeed. We focus on nurturing our team and providing our team with an environment that is conductive to creative thought.
JOB POST: Database Administrator
To provide day to day support as well as continuous daily monitoring, performance tuning, maintenance and troubleshooting of the entire bank’s database management systems. Ensure accessibility, integrity and security of the entire bank’s database management systems for efficient and effective operations.
- Perform installations, configuration and upgrades of database software and related products (e.g Weblogic Application Servers).
- Daily database performance monitoring, optimization and tuning to ensure maximum availability and high performance.
- Perform proactive database maintenance.
- Manage and perform database purging, backups and recovery activities.
- Maintain development, test and production database environments.
- Implement and maintain database security standards.
- Provide 24/7 support when required.
- Attend to any other duties assigned.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Information Systems(IS), Computer Science, Computer Systems Technology or related academic field.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in related Database.
- Must have professional certifications in Databases OCA, OCP.
- Proficiency with SQL server and Oracle query scripting.
- Experience in operating Systems; Unix, Linux, Solaris and Windows.
- Strong knowledge in administering Oracle and MS SQL Database Management Systems.
- Weblogic application knowledge will be added advantage.