Senior Manager; Data Centers Infrastructure At CRDB Bank PLC
Creates and maintains overall Data center plans to support the organization’s business strategy, agrees service level agreements with vendors and plans all aspects of the infrastructure necessary to ensure provision of Data center services to meet such agreements.
- 24x7x365 management of CRDB Bank Data Centers to ensure services are available to internal and external customers as per agreed levels of response time, capacity and uptime.
- Managing Data Center resource capacity planning and analysis; coordinates with Database & Middleware Administration and Enterprise Applications Support Managers.
- Capacity planning for new Server rack cabinets layouts, coordinating Data Center network installation, identifying and resolving Data Center incidents pertaining to cooling, UPS, Commercial & Backup Generator power and network issues.
- Interfacing with Data Center service providers before, during and after installation, and on a daily basis to ensure efficient operations of the Data Centers and proactively resolution of likely incidents.
- Managing vendors that support the Data Center; supervises vendors’ planned Preventive Maintenance (PM) activities.
- Coordinates with ICT Security Officers and Bank Senior Security Officers to ensure that Data Center physical access security, fire detection & prevention and CCTV surveillance security are in place, effective and not compromised.
- Setting up and monitoring Data Center equipment preventive maintenance schedules.
- Assisting ICT and Business teams by providing technical information requested for business design and development.
- Approves space, power, cooling and naming standards for new computer rack cabinets and growth of existing rack cabinets.
- Based on installed monitoring tools, provides monthly reports detailing Data Center resource utilization, capacities, incidents, and activities to Bank Management and the business teams.
- Cultivating productive and proactive working relationships with ICT, Facilities, Security Departments and other departments in order to jointly resolve issues.
- Conducts necessary action to ensure Bank Data Center security policies and procedures are adhered to and followed.
- Drive the development, identification, and delivery of all necessary training for Data Center staff to enable and ensure the staff to provide effective Level 2 support for all Data Center and facilities issues.
- Overseeing the management and updates of technical drawings and other documentation for the Data Center.
- 24-hour on-call as first escalation point for all Data Center operations and facilities issues.
- Prepare monthly progress update reports of the section
- Prepare and control annual budget (CAPEX & OPEX) of the section
- Setup and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Develop & update policies, procedures and processes to improve efficiency & productivity of the section.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Telecom Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent relevant IT degree from a reputable University.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in ICT, At least 3 years in Managerial role in Data Centers infrastructure and systems support / administration from enterprise of similar size and scale.
- Experience in design, and implementation of enterprise Data Center infrastructure and systems.
- Experience of working in a deadline-oriented projects / environments, managing multiple issues simultaneously.
- Experience in Data Center security, networking & application delivery design.
- Experience in Data Center virtualization & consolidation, capacity planning, sizing & design.
- At least one applicable professional certification in Data Center MEP, Servers, Storage, Database or Middleware, professional qualification in server management (e.g.. MCSE, IBM P Series, LINUX, Hyper V, etc.), professional qualification in ITSM related area (i.e. ITIL or COBIT), Storage Area Network (SAN) recognized training or certification.
- Virtualization and project management recognized training or certification.