CORDIO East Africa Internship 2021
This internship position is open for a general research/analytics intern with the following qualities:
- Good knowledge on ecology and conservation of coastal and marine ecosystems particularly coral reefs and coral reef fisheries is desirable
- Proficient in using Excel for analytical purposes, data handling
- Strong written and oral English
- Ability to review scientific literature and technical reports
- Organized, motivated and has the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Gives great attention to detail and is diligent Desirable qualities
You will have an advantage if you have either of the following qualities:
- Experience and proficiency in R
- Web mapping
- Geodatabase administration
- Strong/confident swimmer (snorkeling/diving experience and qualifications)
- Experience conducting in-water ecological surveys
- Experience in working with different stakeholders (government, NGOs, Private sector
Scope of work
- Assist with data entry and preliminary analysis where needed.
- Assist in conceptualizing and implementing learning activities for community-led natural
resource management and associated reporting.
- Assist with M&E work (community-based participatory M&E)
- A stipend will be offered to assist the intern in covering transport and living costs.
- The position includes both in person and virtual engagements with the latter being the main mode of work. (Strict observation of the government laid code of conduct on the prevention of COVID-19 applies during all in-person meetings at the CORDIO East Africa offices).
CORDIO East Africa is an equal opportunity employer and women are highly encouraged to apply. If you desire to learn in a fast-paced environment and are keen on contributing to coastal, marine ecological research and conservation, please apply.
Please submit your application through the CORDIO website (https://cordioea.net/about/work-with-us/)
and submit a 2-page CV and cover letter or apply directly through the link below:
Application link: https://forms.gle/WByMEsX3CQAPvU5w5
Deadline: 1st February; 1700 hrs. East African Time (EAT).
For More Information: