Compliance Officer-1 Post At CSSC. The Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by the Christian Council of Tanzania and the Tanzania Episcopal Conference, to coordinate and facilitate the delivery of social services (health and education) by the member churches in Tanzania. For 28 years, CSSC has been serving and coordinate a network of more than 900 church-owned health education facilities, including 105 large hospitals at Zonal, Regional and District/Council levels. In addition, CSSC coordinates a network of more than 1,000 church owned education facilities. Majority of these church health and education facilities are located in remote and rural areas where 70% of the Tanzanian population reside in those areas.
CSSC has been awarded a 5-years Grant by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement “Pamoja Tuwekeze Afya” – (PATA) Activity. The award intends to establish self-reliant health facilities (HFs) and improve health service delivery
by the CSSC network of church based HFs in meeting the health needs of the target population. Through cost-effective and innovative solutions, the PATA Activity will strengthen the CSSC’s capacity to deliver quality services in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent health (RMNCAH), HIV/TB services and other health related areas. The PATA Activity has got two major components;
Component one: Create a network of financially and managerially sustainable HFs and a self-reliant Medical and commodity supply chain Company and Component Two: Improve staff skills and retention at HFs and improve their capacity to provide a continuum of quality care of RMNCAH and HIV/TB services.
In view of the above, CSSC is hereby seeking applications from highly qualified, well experienced, competent and motivated persons to fill-in the following vacant positions.
Title: Compliance Officer-1 Post
Report to: Project Manager
Location: Dar es salaam
The compliance officer reports to the Project Manager S/He will provide compliance support to Pamoja Tuwekeze Afya (PATA) Activity on the matters related to risks and compliance through determining compliance with selected policies, procedures, donor requirement as well as local laws and regulations, make recommendations to the management that will increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the control systems of functions reviewed, and ensure that compliance matters are appropriately considered within the organization..
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the organization in risk identification, analyzing and evaluating, Treating/Responding and Monitoring
- Prepare compliance activities, short and long-term plans and annual budgets for the compliance activities. Undertake the comprehensive compliance activity of the Zones and Head Office.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop / implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues; and provide guidance and advice on how to prevent or address similar situations in the future
- Propose changes in the policies and procedures for the general operation of the organization compliance and PATA Activity and its related activities to prevent illegal or improper conduct;
- Develop training and education programs for internal policies, donor requirements and applicable government laws and regulation changes and topics identified as potential risk areas.
- Prepare compliance activities short and long-term plans and budgets for the compliance activities.
- Identify potential areas of the PATA Activity compliance vulnerability and risk; develop / implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues; and provide guidance and advice on how to prevent or address similar situations in the future.
- Provide appropriate recommendations to ensure the organization and Programmes compliance with Donors requirements, legally and ethically bounded internal and external regulations.
- Follow up or/and assist in implementation of the Internal and External auditors’ recommendations.
- Ensure the existence of Policy on Fraud and Corruption – Awareness, Prevention, Reporting and Response is understood and complied.
- Ensure Fraud incidents are timely reported to the Donors through Executive Director
- Conduct Investigation as per the Fraud Investigation Standard Operating Procedures.
- Making sure Budgets, undertaken activities and quarterly financial reports to be submitted to donor adhere to all USAID standards;
- Recommend improvements to financial systems and processes;
- Review effectiveness of existing policies and procedures and providing advises on updating manuals and policies;
- Undertake internal reviews of other departments work; programme teams, Human Resources, Investment and Partnerships;
- Conduct any ad-hoc audit or financial investigation assignments at the request of the Executive Director;
- Assisting in the preparation for the PATA, organizational annual audit
- Review processes for submitting donor bids, including finances team’s involvement;
- Ensures the organization complies with local and international legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions;
- Complete finance training and technical training and other stakeholders to comply with finance procedures;
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Accounting/finance, accounting, or related area from a recognized institution;
- Must be a National Board of Accounting and Auditing Member CPA
Experiences and Skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in auditing, compliance with working knowledge of classical compliance techniques and tools including problem solving, corrective action and auditing
- Deep understanding and knowledge on USG grants management, rules and regulations.
- Significant experience in with applying audit and compliance principles to NGO/FBO settings;
- Extensive knowledge of Risk Management (Audit, Compliance, Finance and Procurement)
- Ability to work and communicate with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience with donor rules and regulations in relation to risk, compliance management and mitigation
- Proficiency in diversity of accounting software packages, Q & A and Microsoft Office applications (Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint, and Outlook) strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a fluent writing style and good knowledge and practical use of English.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivation letter and copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station. The subject line of your job application email should indicate the position that you are applying for; your CV must include the contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees. All correspondence MUST reach CSSC before 1600hrs November 27th 2020 and channeled through the following email address:
- Kindly visit cssc.or.tz for the detailed posts with duties, responsibilities, required qualification, experience and skills
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.