Title: Communications Volunteer DIGNITY Kwanza – Community Solutions (DIGNITY Kwanza) is a national not-for-profit organization registered in Tanzania under the NGOs Act of 2002 as amended in 2005, with Registration No. 00NGO/00009763. DIGNITY Kwanza was established in 2018 to supplement other stakeholders’ efforts to find solutions for problems facing marginalized and vulnerable populations in Tanzania.
Communications Volunteer At DIGNITY Kwanza
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
Job Type: Full Time
- To create effective communication strategy
- To coordinate internal and external communication flow eg newsletters,
- To coordinate all editorial team meetings
- To design sketches of mass media announcement
- To write content for website and social media
- To communicate with media regularly (journalist)
- To manage media inquiry
- To ensure Compliance with laws
- To insure all the social media accounts are active and up to date
- To build long term relationship with influencers and key stakeholders
- To review reported news on issues regarding our target group situation in Tanzania
- To collect and file reports and contacts formed from various events
- To foster relationship with media houses and journalist
- To conduct research and data collection to support advocacy work.
- To perform any other duty under communications/assigned by supervisor
- Reporting directly to Program Officer – Advocacy and Communications
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a media or communication person. Experience of working with donor funded projects will have an added advantage
- Must have a Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a closely related discipline, preferably specialization on media engagements
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English, including strong writing skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven writing, editing, design, videography, or photography skills will be added advantages
Compensation and benefits:
- Volunteer will get monthly stipend to facilitate transport and communications.
- This is a full-time volunteer position for 4 months, with a possibility of renewal depending on the needs of the organization and performance of the incumbent.
How to Apply:
Please send your application letter and CV to [email protected] with the subject line of Communications Person by COB 4th September 2020
Selected candidates must be ready to attend the interview between 8th and 10th September 2020.