Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC),
Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) and Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive quality health services including HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, maternal, neonatal, child, reproductive and, adolescent health services.
THPS has been awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72067120CA00004 USAID – Uhuru TB &FP LON Activity, aimed at improving access and use of quality Tuberculosis (TB) and family planning (FP) services for better health outcomes for Tanzanian citizens. The Activity is implemented in Kigoma, Katavi, Rukwa and Songwe regions. THPS therefore is seeking a competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidate to fill the position below.
Position Title: Clinical Advisor
Reports to: Zonal Project Manager
Position Location: Songwe Region, Tanzania
Overall Job Function
The Clinical Advisor is responsible for provision of technical support to multidisciplinary teams of clinical staff focusing on TB and reproductive health services including family planning services in the project supported facilities of Rukwa and Songwe (zone B) regions. Ensures quality service delivery in Family Planning, TB and multidrug resistant TB prevention, diagnosis and treatment success is achieved in collaboration with regional and district health management teams and supported facility service providers. Extensive travel is expected in all the districts of the assigned regions.
- Provide direct technical assistance to health care facilities supported by the USAID Uhuru TB and FP Facility Solutions Activity such as; sites assessment and development, training staff in the clinical management of individuals with TB, clinical mentoring, patient flow analysis, improvement of adherence support systems, improvement of referral and linkages systems for TB and reproductive health services etc.
- Assist health care providers at designated points of service in TB case finding and strengthening entry points in order to increase the number of referrals to TB clinics from.
CTC, RCH, PMTCT, OPD and IPD and outreach services.
- Support implementation of TB treatment adherence strategies in health facilities and linkage to former TB patients’ groups for psychosocial support among newly diagnosed TB clients.
- Facilitate integration between TB and HIV services and infection control within health facilities.
- Coordinate implementation of reproductive health services including FP and ensures high performance on key indicators for this component of the program
- Conducts comprehensive site supportive supervision visits and provide feedback on successes and areas of improvement with relevant management and unit specific service providers.
- Prepare technical narrative draft reports for timely submission to facilitate regional reporting timelines.
- Conducts data sharing meetings with service providers for improvement and decision making.
- Ensure that all supported clinical care activities at multiple delivery sites conform to the national guidelines and standards.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- Doctor of Medicine degree
- A minimum of three years’ experience in working on TB programming and implementation of Family Planning/ Reproductive health services.
- Experience in working with PEPFAR and USAID supported programs.
- Substantive knowledge of current best practices in TB and Family Planning/ Reproductive health programs in Tanzania
- Ability to build strong partnerships with relevant stakeholders at regional and district levels.
- Excellent documentation skills including drafting of reports, presentations and best practices.
- Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines
- Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to [email protected] by 22nd January, 2021 with a subject line of ‘Position’ USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Activity Clinical Advisor’’. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply