Mkombozi Commercial Bank PLC was established in 2009 and operates as a fully-fledged commercial Bank. The Bank offers wide spectrum of banking services and wishes to expand its business operations across the country. The Bank is inviting suitable applicants to fill the following positions.
Job Title: Chief Internal Auditor
Functional Reporting Line: Board of Directors
Administrative Reporting Line: Managing Director
The Chief Internal Auditor has overall responsibility for the Internal Audit functions of the Bank. The position is responsible for ensuring Internal Audit is closely aligned with industry best practices in executing the duties across the banking business and financial service sector at large. Works to ensure roles, responsibilities, and results are efficiently coordinated and collectively optimizing the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance of the Bank.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Internal Audit’s change initiatives by implementing action plans relating to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, staff recruitment and development, audit technology, and Audit Committee reporting.
- Lead Internal Audit’s annual risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the Bank.
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfaction.
- Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management.
- Meet regularly with the Audit Committee to report the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring activities, educate/inform the committee of emerging risks and/or exposures (whether internal or external to the bank) that should be considered, and serve as a “thought leader” with respect to risk management and internal control best practices.
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
- Perform Internal controls assessments and advise or recommend efforts to mitigate identified control deficiencies;
- Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues leveraging the Audit Committee, if necessary.
- Actively participate in executive management meetings and/or committees to ensure that Internal Audit is well-informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities and/or plans.
- Attract, hire, and retain a team of high-performing audit professionals who possess outstanding knowledge, experience, ethics, and integrity.
- Ensure that Internal Audit is performing its work in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function.
- Oversee Internal Audit’s participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that audit’s perspective is effectively voiced, and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis.
- Coordinate the activities of external auditors including how best to leverage the work performed and results produced from Internal Audit’s work.
- Serve as the key point person on all regulatory exams and other third-party audits.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Knowledge of Accounting and Finance Principles and Practices
- Knowledge of a variety of reporting procedures, regulations and law
- Planning and Time Management
- Effective Communication and Human Relations skills
- Critical Thinking and Analysis
- Tenacity and Ethics
- Technology Proficient (excel, word, ACL, ability to learn new software)
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance or other closely related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required. Certified Internal Audit (CIA) or any other relevant professional qualification shall be added advantage.
- A minimum of 8 or more years’ experience in auditing or managing finances of a financial institution with at least three (3) years in a Management role.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS OF ALL POSTS.
- Letter of Job application.
- Curriculum vitae enclosing details of work experience, skills and with postal and telephone contacts of three non-relative referees.
- Certified Copies of academic Certificates and all other submitted certificates.
- Applicants must be a self-motivated person who can work under tight time frames with minimal supervision.
- Applicants must be Fluent in English & Swahili with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attractive remuneration will be given to the successful candidate.
All applications should reach the undersigned not later than 16th January 2020. Hand delivery should reach the Bank not later than 1700 hrs on, 16th January 2020.
Mkombozi Commercial Bank Pic
Plot Number 40, Mansfield Street,Dar es salaam.
DAR ES SALAAM