Job Title: Chief Human Resources Officer
Our Client, NMB Bank PLC., is seeking to recruit a Chief Human Resources Officer who will lead the HR functions and report to the Managing Director. By leading the HR Leadership Team, he/she carries the final responsibility for the department’s vision, strategy, and perennial plan and, derived from the latter, annual HR plan.
- Manage the HR Leadership Team, hierarchically and functionally, supporting the individuals in their professional development. Challenge the team to translate the strategy to their fields of expertise safeguarding the implementation in Employee Relations, HR Business Partnering, HR Centre of Expertise and HR Shared Services.
- Visibly be the leader of HR throughout NMB and towards third parties representing the organisation
- Fill the role of strategic advisor for the CEO and the NMB Board HR Committee
- Safeguard succession management for top management
- Lead the Leadership Team in identifying, addressing and mitigating potential risks in HR given the internal and external environment. Timely escalate any issues that may jeopardise NMBs reputation
- Align the HR systems so that all areas in HR are focused and advance the leadership’s strategic goals and direction
- Lead by example amongst others representing NMB’s values, the (internal and external) client focus and the HR vision, strategy and plans
- Further strengthen a culture and environment in which people can use their talents optimally supporting the bank’s strategy and ambitions, in which ethics and NMB’s values are safeguarded in dealings with employees
- Periodic self-assessment of risk and controls
- Impeccable integrity and customer focus
- Insight into how to translate a company strategy to the various areas of HR, creating a coherent HR vision and approach
- Experience in strategy implementation, translation to daily practice with a team and assessment of impact in the business
- Good working knowledge of the legal HR requirements
- Experience in dealing with trade unions, deescalating potential issues and preventing and managing conflicts, negotiating.
- Focus on demand management (internal clients and their needs), as demand management is key to the HR Operating Model
- Interest in people’s development, including listening, coaching, team building and leading by example
- Stakeholder management at executive and board level and externally
- Counselling skills
- Passion for HR in banking, current state and future developments
- Cool headed crisis management, damage control in case of calamities
Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s degree in Business, Human Resources or other relevant area gained from a recognized university and/or 74- years as an HR executive for a large international, commercial organisation
- Either a minimum of 10 years’ experience in leading an HR department and creating an HR strategic framework for a large (1000+ staff) professional company.
- Proven track record in defining and executing an HR approach that is focused on global and local best practices and based on the latest insights from international HR leaders and institutes
- Key Competencies required are Intellectual Potential, Inspirational Leadership, Execution, Building Talent and Change Potential
How To Apply
Email your CV and application letter to [email protected] stating the Reference Number 32211 in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Friday 10th January 2020. recruitment Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.