Job Title: Chief Finance Officer At NMB Bank Tanzania
Reporting Line: Chief Executive Officer
Location: NMB Head Office
15th September 2020
Chief Finance Officer At NMB Bank, September 2020
The job holder is responsible for all the Bank’s fiscal operating results utilizing generally accepted accounting principles.
The job holder will also be responsible for development and implementation of a financial strategic plan that will maximize income, while minimizing risks in order to achieve the strategic objectives of the bank.
- Counseling senior management and the board on fiscal control and profitability; prepares, presents and interprets financial reports to senior management and the Board; adheres to tax laws and regulatory compliance to properly reflect the financial position of the Bank.
- Work to protect the vital assets of the company, ensure compliance with financial regulations, close the books correctly, and communicate value and risk issues to investors and boards
- Operate an efficient and effective finance organization providing a variety of services to the business such as financial planning and analysis, treasury, tax, and other finance operations
- Strategic balance sheet and capital planning partly based on regular dialogue with government and institutions like pension funds
- Take a leading role impacting the economic landscape of the country through ongoing conversations with the relevant players in the field including other leading financial and government institutions
- Reach the results by managing the departments Finance, Business and Data Analytics
- Develop and implement a financial plan for NMB, and ensure it is aligned with company strategy and approved by the Board
- Ensure execution of the financial plan is in accordance with financial management requirements including forecasts and reconciliations
- Ensure adherence to the regulatory requirements within the banking environment
- Develop NMB’s financial policies and procedures for recommendation to the Board
- Work with other departments in the bank to ensure maximum investment returns are met with costs minimized, while managing investor relations
- Collate, prepare and interpret reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements and report
- Ensure asset management policy and register are available, and up to date
- Work with internal audit to ensure audit processes are successfully executed.
Skills and Knowledge
- Impeccable integrity and strong work ethics.
- Strong analytical skills
- Sound understanding of the international framework related to risk and compliance (BASEL II, III, IFRS 9, ICAP) and its application to a specific organization, preferably a bank.
- Passion for strategic balance sheet and capital planning in the bank including networking with the country’s leading individuals impacting the economic landscape
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Intellectual Potential: thinking quickly and flexible
- Inspirational Leadership: getting people to follow you
- Influence: persuading and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Change Potential: driving and responding to change
- Execution: achieving results through others, leading team, peers etc.
- Collaboration: creating synergies through working in partnership, teamwork
- Direction: providing vision and direction
- Business Judgement: showing commercial acumen
- Competitive Edge: driving change and innovation
- Building talent: building capability for competitive advantage
- People Potential: adapting to complex and changing interpersonal demands
- Motivational Potential: adapting personal drive and focus to achieve in changing context
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Leadership Skills and Strategic Vision.
- Cash Management, Financial Accounting and Corporate Finance Competence.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business (e.g. MBA) or related field gained from a recognized university or a Master’s degree in another area combined with business certifications from reputable international institutions
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in innovative financial services or telecoms with 5 years at senior management level
- Accounting certification e.g. CPA/ACCA/CIMA
- Post graduate qualifications in banking is an added advantage
- Proven track record in financial services, telecoms or a leading audit firm
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”. Chief Finance Officer