Chief Executive Officer At MDH, December 2020. Management and Development for Health (MDH) is seeking for suitable Tanzanian candidates to fill the vacant post of Chief Executive Officer to lead the organization in advancing its mission and vision.
MDH is an independent local non-governmental organization focusing primarily on public health service and research in the United Republic of Tanzania. MDH seeks to promote collaboration among government and academic institutions, as well as the private and non-profit sectors to advance public health and health care interests of the people of Tanzania.
MDH works together with its partners to address the problems of tuberculosis, malaria, HIV/AIDS, chronic non-communicable diseases and other various health conditions in Tanzania. The organization also seeks to improve nutrition, maternal, neonatal and child health, while undertaking initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services to improve the lives of Tanzanians.
Chief Executive Officer At MDH, December 2020
The CEO is primarily responsible for the implementation of the strategic goals and objectives of MDH as established and approved by the Board of Directors. The CEO will provide direction and leadership towards the achievement of MDH’s mission and vision as well as the strategies, annual goals and objectives as outlined in the MDH Strategic Plan. The Chief Executive Officer reports to the Board of Directors.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Be answerable to the MDH Board of Directors for all functions of the organization including administration, finance, human resource and programme activities in order to enable it to play its overall governance role.
- Provide close leadership in the implementation of the MDH Strategic Plan to advance the mission and objectives and to promote growth of the organization. Report progress on the overall Strategic Plan and specific strategic initiatives to the Board.
- Work collaboratively with senior staff to develop departmental goals and objectives and align them with the strategic goals.
- Evaluate the performance of the senior staff for compliance with established policies and procedures, achievement of annual goals and objectives and overall contribution in support of the vision and mission.
- Approve MDH operational procedures, policies and standards and ensure sound management practices to support programmatic, budgetary and regulatory compliance.
- Approve the annual program work plans and budgets.
- Oversee the design, marketing, promotion, evaluation, delivery and quality of MDH programs and services.
- Ensure MDH and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to the community, government, local partners, donors and other relevant stakeholders. Serve as the interface between MDH and stakeholders.
- Oversee fundraising strategies and their implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching for funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders; identifying appropriate funding opportunities and submitting proposals for fundraising.
- Perform any other duties that may be directed by the Board
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science and a Masters or other post graduate degree in health sector is a requirement. Possession of a PhD in any health related field will be an added advantage to the applicant.
- Must have ten or more years of experience in a leadership role, working with outside institutions, including NGOs, other not-for-profits and government organizations; and experience in working in Africa or other international settings
- Candidate should have strong professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Knowledge of contract negotiation and change management
- Skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures
- Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to analyze and interpret data-financial and non-financial and qualitative factors
- Knowledge of public relations principles, practices, techniques and communication
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Ability to identify and secure funding sources
- Demonstrable evidence of understanding government systems;
- Excellent management and personnel skills to enable the motivation, encouragement and participation of the Organization’s operational departments and local partners;
How to Apply
Interested candidates for this position should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CVs, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three strong work-related referees.
Application letters should be submitted not later than Friday, January 15, 2021 at 1600hrs, to the Human Resource Director through e-mail to [email protected].
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.