JOB TITLE: Business Controller
About the Unit
YARA Tanzania is duly registered company under the Laws of Tanzania as a subsidiary of Fertilizers Holdings AS. with headquarters in Dar es Salaam. The aim is developing a market concept that increase the number of farmers using fertilizer in Tanzania including better knowledge in plant nutrition, improved distribution and logistics. One of Yara investments in the country includes the construction of a 40 KT bulk terminal near the port of Dar Es Salaam which handles importation of bulk fertilizer, packaging and sale in Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi
Business Controller is a position based in Dar es Salaam reporting to the Head of Finance. This position is responsible to oversee the business and internal controls operations, perform financial analysis and develop financial processes aligned with Yara statutory policies for the local entity.
1. Reporting: Coordinate and deliver, accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
2. Controls: Ensure adequate inventory and debtors controls are in place, appropriate financial controls are maintained to protect the assets of the company.
3. Stakeholder Relationship: Responsible for coordinating with external stakeholders and maintain quality relationships with Banks, Lawyers, Auditors, Tax Authority,
4. Management Reporting: Guide management to identify inefficiencies and opportunities to optimize costs and maximize profits, understand their respective financial performance and major variances against the business plans.
5. Budgeting and Forecasting: Coordinate budget, provide regular financial forecasts and financially evaluate alternative plans and strategies.
- A University degree in Finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant – CPA(T)
- At least 5 years working experience in Finance and Accounting within a multinutional organization, preferably with experiences in controlling and reporting
- Broad understanding of financial reporting requirements.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and result-oriented
- Competent in MS Office software
Apply no later than
27th December 2020