The Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by the Christian Council of Tanzania and the Tanzania Episcopal Conference, to coordinate and facilitate the delivery of social services (health and education) by the member churches in Tanzania. For 28 years, CSSC has been serving and coordinate a network of more than 900 church-owned health education facilities, including 105 large hospitals at Zonal, Regional and District/Council levels. In addition, CSSC coordinates a network of more than 1,000 church owned education facilities. Majority of these church health and education facilities are located in remote and rural areas where 70% of the Tanzanian population reside in those areas.
CSSC has been awarded a 5-years Grant by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement “Pamoja Tuwekeze Afya” – (PATA) Activity. The award intends to establish self-reliant health facilities (HFs) and improve health service delivery
by the CSSC network of church based HFs in meeting the health needs of the target population. Through cost-effective and innovative solutions, the PATA Activity will strengthen the CSSC’s capacity to deliver quality services in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent health (RMNCAH), HIV/TB services and other health related areas. The PATA Activity has got two major components;
Component one: Create a network of financially and managerially sustainable HFs and a self-reliant Medical and commodity supply chain Company and Component Two: Improve staff skills and retention at HFs and improve their capacity to provide a continuum of quality care of RMNCAH and HIV/TB services.
Business Analyst-1 Post At Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC)
In view of the above, CSSC is hereby seeking applications from highly qualified, well experienced, competent and motivated persons to fill-in the following vacant positions.
Title: Business Analyst-1 Post
Report to: Project Manager
Location: Dar es salaam
Business analyst will work closely with Project Manager and will be responsible to develop and implement strategies, policies and processes to improve operations and service delivery by Faith based health facilities to meet existing and future needs. He/she will be responsible for employing market led solutions to address the current sustainability Challenges facing the Faith Based health facilities. He/she will work closely with the team and other key stakeholders to develop workable sustainability strategies to sustain service delivery by church health facilities through innovative financing that will mobilize capital for Faith based health facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in the development of sustainability strategies, policies and processes across all functions that will help to achieve the Faith based Health facilities’ mission and core objectives.
- Support the Faith based Health facilities to develop workable business and strategic plans that would address the current needs and expectation of the facility owners.
- Support the facilities in improving their business performance through effective financial management and use of innovative solutions so as to become first choice of service.
- Support the Faith based health facilities to recruit and motivate business-orientated teams accountable for the achievement of facilities and individual targets.
- Provide advice and guidance to owners, health facility managers and staff on all aspects of business transformation using market led solutions.
- Support faith-based Health facilities to maintain regular contact with their strategic customers to keep them aware of service delivery and to seek feedback from them so that the facility can effectively implement a program of continuous quality improvement
- Develop and control multidisciplinary teams to ensure that business plans are implemented and changes achieved that will support the church hospitals’ core objectives.
- Develop and implement all necessary information technology and policies and processes to ensure that these supports the business transformation process of the Faith based health facilities to improve their performance.
- Maintain an awareness of any possible threats to the health business and support facilities to develop policies and processes that will provide for such contingencies.
- Commission research and market surveys in the field of Health service delivery to ensure that Health facilities implements innovative solutions and approaches that will improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Economics/Health Financing or Business-related field is desirable.
Experiences and Skills
- Considerable experience of managing organization-change and business transformation;
- At least 5 years’ experience in business development and social marketing.
- Considerable experience in facilitating private investment and partnerships in market systems preferably in health sector.
- Experience in senior management position;
- Excellent interpersonal skills analytical written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated track record in working with financial institutions/ private providers/investors, private sector and public private partnerships.
- Interpersonal skills, to work and build relationships with a wide range of people holding different views
- The ability to understand diverse perspectives and to be able to successfully influence and negotiate.
- Effective research and analysis skills (including quantitative and qualitative), needed to build an evidence base from which you will work
- Good organisation skills, to track priorities, work to deadlines and manage projects
- Be flexible and adaptable approach, in order to respond to shifting priorities and a rapidly evolving external environment
- The ability and desire to acquire and maintain knowledge of a policy area or areas.
- A commitment to learning and improvement. Pro-active, collaborative and ability to organize and prioritize demanding activities. Work effectively in a team and be able to work under limited supervision
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivation letter and copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station. The subject line of your job application email should indicate the position that you are applying for; your CV must include the contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees. All correspondence MUST reach CSSC before 1600hrs November 27th 2020 and channeled through the following email address:
- Kindly visit cssc.or.tz for the detailed posts with duties, responsibilities, required qualification, experience and skills
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.