Boilermaker at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine November, 2020
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Boilermakersto join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering Section are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering Supervisor
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift / 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Off
- Carry out mechanical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain Process Plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
- Interpretation, access and reading of job specifications and relevant information
- Ensuring that the selection of materials for repairs, replacements and inspection comply with the required standards.
- Correct selection of hand power tools hand, welding equipment, thermal cutting equipment and thermal heating equipment and safety equipment for safe use.
- Understanding of engineering and structural drawings, interpreting sketches and drawings application of measuring equipment, marking, welding terms, codes and symbols and cutting tools
- Using oxy acetylene welding & cutting, thermal gouging and thermal heating.
- Interpretation of materials safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Planning of the logical sequence of welding operations
- Completion of basic welding, heating and cutting job cards/ work orders, work permit
- Carry out fabrication work and corrective maintenance to improve equipment availability, reliability, safety and functionality.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum mill availability. Meeting or exceeding planned mill availability is a Key Performance Indicator.
- Assist other mechanical tradesmen in maintenance work as required.
- Complete assigned work in a timely manner with minimum supervision and to an internationally acceptable standard.
- Ensure First Line leader and all stakeholders are kept informed on equipment availability status.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills, develop full potential and assume increasing accountability.
- Under the direction of the First Line leader, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experience personnel.
- Follow Safe Work Procedures and other maintenance procedures.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the First Line leader within your capacity without jeopardizing Health and safety.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines
- Ordinary level certificate – Form IV
- Trade’s qualified as Boilermaker (FTC,IMMT&VETA)
- Valid driving license is an added advantage
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role. Experience in mining industry is added as an advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Understanding of engineering and structural drawings
- Interpretation of all welding terms, codes and symbols
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili
- Demonstrates a high concern for health, safety and environment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “BOILERMAKER“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 21st November 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 November 2020