Assistant Food and Beverage Manager At HYATT, January 2020, Ajira Mpya 2020, Nafasi Za Kazi 2020, Jobs Tanzania 2020
Job Title: Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
The Management of Park Hyatt Zanzibar is looking for Assistant Food and Beverage Manager to join the team and perform the below responsibilities.
- To assist in the revision and updating of the Outlet’s Departmental Operations Manuals.
- To attend weekly Food and Beverage and Department Head Meetings in absence of Outlet Service Manager, as scheduled.
- To conduct pre-shift briefings and regular communications meetings, ensuring that they are effective and conducted as necessary.
- To maintain and utilize other departmental and employee communications channels, e.g. notice boards, log books, handover reports, etc.
- To provide the Materials Management Department with detailed product specifications for items used in Dining Room.
- To ensure that all employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
- To ensure that employees also provide excellent service to internal customers.
- To perform all duties and tasks accordingly to the established Task List
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To handle all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily and guest profiles are being updated.
- To build long lasting guest relationships by being highly responsive and accommodating to requests and proactively anticipating needs to exceed guest expectations.
- To ensure that the monthly forecasted food and beverage revenues are achieved.
- To proactively manage all costs.
- To maximize employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling in order to meet the financial goals as well as the expectations of the guests.
- To assist in the maintenance of the point-of-sales system.
- To ensure that all sales are properly recorded, following prescribed procedures for issuing, voiding or correcting checks.
- To oversee the proper use and security of bartender/waiter/waitress floats.
- To assist in the inventory management and ongoing maintenance of hotel operating equipment and other assets, including establishing par stocks, equipment care and maintenance and inventory taking as required.
- To constantly evaluate local, national and international market trends, vendors and other hotel/restaurant operations to make sure that Dining Room’s own operations remain competitive and cutting edge.
- To look for Marketing and Public Relations opportunities to increase awareness and ultimately business.
- To assist in the implementation of marketing programmers, including frequent-dining programmers (where relevant).
- To be familiar with all food and beverage items on the menu.
- To have the ability to recommend Food & Beverage combinations and upselling alternative to guests.
- To ensure the service standards are respected, overseeing the consistent application of the service standards and training the employees as necessary.
- To monitor operation at all times, assisting and making adjustments where necessary.
- To liaise with the Kitchen on daily operation and quality.
- To ensure that all company minimum brand standards and operational standards have been implemented and are being consistently followed.
- To make sure that all Touches of Hyatt and the Food and Beverage Top 20 are implemented.
- To work closely with other management personnel in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- To make sure that employees work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of “We work through Teams”.
- To taste and monitor the food products served, providing feedback where appropriate.
- To work closely with the Stewarding Manager to ensure that operating equipment is cared for to maximize its useful life and to minimize breakage.
- To work with Engineering and Housekeeping Manager to ensure that the outlet is clean, properly maintained and cared for.
- To assist in the recruitment and selection of employees. To follow hotel guidelines when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting employees.
- To oversee the punctuality and appearance of employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
- To maximize the effectiveness of employees by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
- To assist in conducting annual Performance Development Discussions with employees.
- To implement effective training programmers for employees in coordination with the Outlet Service Manager, Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
- To assist in preparing and posting weekly work schedules for outlet employees, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
- To encourage employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognizing them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
- To support the implementation of The People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Mission and Values.
- To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
- To ensure that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
- To feedback the results of the Employee Engagement Survey and to ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
The candidate should have the below Qualifications
- Minimum of 2+ years as F&B Management preferred
- Wine/beverage knowledge in an upscale environment preferred
- Ideal applicant should have strong organizational skills, ability to work with flexible work schedule, be a team player and a dynamic leader