Agricultural Sector Policy and Institutional Reforms Strengthening
USAID SERA BORA PROJECT
Financial & Administrative Officer, ASPIRES Tanzania, Dodoma
SERA BORA, meaning Better Policies in Swahili is a 5-year (Jan 1, 2020, to Dec 31, 2024) USAID-Tanzania funded project awarded to Michigan State University (MSU) and implemented under the auspices of the Agricultural Sector Policy and Institutional Reform Strengthening (ASPIRES) NGO in Tanzania. The goal of the project is to accelerate adoption of effective policies and programs that would promote broad-based economic growth, improve food security and nutrition, and contribute to poverty reduction.
Position Title Financial & Administrative Officer, ASPIRES Tanzania
Location Dodoma, Tanzania
ASPIRES seeks a qualified candidate to serve as Financial and Administrative Officer at the Dodoma sub office. The Financial and Administrative Officer will provide overall financial management and administrative support to ASPIRES Dodoma sub office and collaborate with ASPIRES management in implementing SERA BORA operations. The Financial and Administrative Officer will be responsible for managing ASPIRES program funds in accordance with MSU and USAID funding agency requirements. This role reports to the SERA BORA’s Policy Advisor and Chief of Party (CoP). This position will be based in Dodoma, with occasional travel regionally as will be required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide in-country financial leadership of ASPIRES.
- Monitor budgets and expenditures for ASPIRES staff and country partners.
- Ensure that adequate financial controls are in place to maintain proper accountability of expenditures.
- Ensure that statutory financial procedures and timelines for compliance are adhered.
- Ensure that financial transactions are properly authorized, recorded, have adequate supporting documentation, are maintained, and can be easily extracted for the purpose of preparing financial statements and audits.
- Ensure that all procurement processes and expenditures of the project are in accordance with MSU and USAID project guidelines.
- Prepare and submit timely and reliable financial documents and financial reports using the dedicated online project management system.
- Arrange for travel, hotel reservations and logistical support for project staff.
- Manage administrative operations of the Dodoma Sub office provide logistical support for organization of meetings, events, conferences, visits, etc.
- Prepare routine correspondence, memoranda, and reports.
- Coordinate and participate in phone meetings, periodically during early morning or evening hours to accommodate schedules of the global management team.
- Collaborate with Dar es Salam Fiscal and Administrative Officer in all fiscal and administrative work while executing best practices related to the position.
- Perform any other administrative/financial assignments as requested by the Chief of Party.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or equivalent is required.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in finance and administrative functions.
- Experience working with USAID and other donor funded projects.
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated experience in preparation of financial reports and working with budgets.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills. Must be fluent in English.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross-cultural teams.
- Strong results orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects with a high level of accuracy and the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Excellent working knowledge of word processing, database, and spreadsheet software.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates must submit an application letter, two-page CV, one page statement of purpose and 2 academic references online at ASPIRES Tanzania [email protected].
The deadline for application is by the end of business, Wednesday, October 8,2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.