Airtel Tanzania PLC Job, Network Optimization and Quality Manager
Job description Airtel Tanzania PLC Job, Network Optimization and Quality Manager
Responsible to Direct and Oversee the 2G/3G & 4G network planning and optimization of the physical in-country 2G/3G & 4G networks for Airtel Tanzania, in conjunction with the Strategic Partners to achieve Network Coverage and Quality leadership, and to guarantee that the network is scalable while ensuring a world class customer experience and meet benchmarked Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Drive Network Quality strategy formulation, implementation and provide strategic leadership and direction to the Networks Quality functions within Airtel as well as the MS partners’ Organizations.
- Monitor Network Quality parameters i.e. Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s
- Ensure standardization of the network quality processes for consistent customer experience and plus one network over and above competition
- Competition Benchmarking and cascade good practices to Network teams
- Leverage on the best in class models and frameworks deployed for servicing current and projected customer base, ensuring coverage maximization and capacity optimization
- Ensure accurate and timely MAPA generation, MIS reporting as well as network quality reports to OPCO & Group management.
- Drive the collection of business inputs, technical utilization trends and forecast
- Ensure teamwork and collaboration across all business units within the value chain
2.Key partner and stakeholder management
- Manage high level relationships with key stakeholders including governmental and non-governmental agencies, internal business leaders, strategic outsourced partners, and technology partners to achieve partner engagement.
- Review partner performance to ensure on-time, efficient and accurate delivery
- Establish and enhance quality of relationship with Strategic Partners by consistent tracking, monitoring and feedback from Strategic Partners.
3.Governance and performance monitoring of Country operations
- Direct, monitor and review functional QoS teams accross the country. These include but are not limited to network optimization, network changes, expansion, benchmarking and other related operations.
- Closely collaborate with Anglophone OPS and Quality heads – Africa for leveraging on common synergies with other OPCOs in Africa for ensuring high Networks standards across these regions
4.Ensure capability development of the team and improved engagement
- Build capabilities in the organization for scale and complexity by putting in appropriate technical talent and development Programme
- Develop a bench strength of future leaders through coaching, mentoring and guidance
- Establish performance expectations and resource allocations consistent with short and longer term plans
- Review subordinate performance and recommend appropriate rewards and recognition
- Achieve customer delight and experience on network performance
- Monitoring Voice of Customer, Complaints and Inputs from other sources/survey results.
- Support special business needs in the market to achieve the specific market targets as on need
- Bachelor of Engineer degree (communication, electronics, or related fields )
- 5-8 years of experience in Mobile Telecom Industry
- Minimum 5 years management experience in Network Performance /Optimization/Planning/O&M
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network Planning and Optimization
- Good knowledge of core network and transmission network
- Good knowledge of network operations
- Analytical, statistical and Presentation skills
- Planning Skills
- People Management Skills
- Business awareness
Other Behavioral requirements
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business at multiple levels
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partners to deliver business solution
- Ability to motivate and lead
- Building and nurturing partnerships
- Delighting the customer
- Facilitating change and innovation
- Excellent communication skills