Job Title: Accountant Officer (1 Position)
Employing Company: Serene Microfinance Ltd
Working Station: Dar es Salaam
Advert Date: (2nd February, 2021)
Serene Microfinance Ltd has been a growing and expanding company since its establishment in providing financial solutions to many individuals and corporates. Serene Microfinance Ltd exceptionally stands as good example due to the unique contribution in reaching many categories of customers in Tanzania with micro-loans whose operations are in many parts of Dar es Salaam City, the nearby regions and all over Tanzania regions.
In an effort to stream line operations, Serene Microfinance Ltd seeks to recruit qualified Accountant Officer to work in Finance Department and ensuring smooth operation of financial activities of the Microfinance.
Accountant Officer Job Description:
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data as well as preparing reports
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Documents all financial transactions
- Handling statutory deductions and tax payments while observing the stipulated deadline dates of This includes the following taxes, Income tax, VAT, PAYE, Withholding tax.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account
- Performs audit work in accordance with the approved audit manual and professional standards and carries out the procedures outlined in the internal audit plan
- Maintains financial security by following internal
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Performing any other duties he/she may be assigned by supervisor
- To determining financial risks for a company including but not limited to risk associated with granting loan by ensuring that you protect the firm from Financial loses
Required Skills and Experiences
Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Mathematical Skills.
- Holders of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Accounting, Finance or any other related field with at least one year’ experience in a similar position
Kindly submit your application along with Academic Certificates (Photocopies) and detailed CV containing names of three (3) referees with their contacts to the address below in one PDF File not later than 5th February, 2021. All late applications will not be processed.
All applications should be sent by email and addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Serene Microfinance Ltd,
P.O. Box 33813,
Mikocheni B, Bima Roard – Dar es Salaam
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 05 February, 2021