Reaching the Unreached Tanzania (RUT), is a voluntary based non-governmental, non-profit making and non-partisan organization working with numerous national and international partners to address key sexual and reproductive health issues and promoting access to justice in Tanzania through implementing result and evidence-based interventions.
Reaching the Unreached Tanzania is dedicated to protect and promote the dignity, well-being and rights of marginalized groups particularly adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), women, and children.
Reaching the Unreached Tanzania seeks to provide Tanzanians (particularly young people) with a unique opportunity to take a front seat in supporting and helping local community to address social-economic problems, develop crucial skills and grow through different organization opportunities.
Read Also:- Capital Drilling 2 Job Vacancies MWANZA
Accountant Job At Reaching the Unreached Tanzania (RUT), June 2020
With the above background RUT is pleased to announce the following job position below:
Position Title: Accountant (1 Position)
Location: Dodoma region
Report to: Finance Manager
Duration: 12 Months
Purpose of Post:
The purpose of this position is to undertake the day to day operations of the accounting function to ensure the projects runs smoothly in line with set policies and procedures.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performing day to day banking activities and report, highlight items of attentions to the management.
- Timely preparation of accurate donor financial reports to allow internal review; including reporting on project variances of actuals vs budgets, and updating forecasts.
- Preparation of quarterly forecasts and cashflow projections.
- Reviewing budgets including staffing, work plans, etc.
- Process all invoices, checks, cash receipts and enter disbursements data into various forms and templates to facilitate payment of expenses and staff cash requests.
- Liaise with supervisors and managers to collect timesheets to obtain information on staff members’ worked hours.
- Liaise with suppliers on goods delivered and payments as part of reconciliation process as and when required.
- Ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner for easy retrieval in case of need for reference.
- Assisting team members with the overall accounting functions
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prepare accurate, timely monthly payroll.
- Prepare monthly statutory returns such as PAYE and filling them according.
- Recording and posting approved financial transactions into accounting system.
- Hold and maintain petty cash imprest of the organization and insure timely retirement of the same with proper supporting documents.
- Undertake other duties as reasonably assigned by line manager
- A bachelor degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or any related field.
- Knowledge of current financial and accounting computer application is preferred.
- Experience working with NGOs in Accounting/Finance role.
- Experience in preparation of accounting ledgers and financial statements
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong planning and organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with RUT partners
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational skills
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (combined in as one document) including names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Friday 12th June, 2020 to the Human Resources and Administration Officer, Reaching the Unreached Tanzania (RUT) by e-mail: [email protected] or dropped physically at the RUT Head Office located at Area E-Ipagala Street Nearby Summit Hotel, Emaus Road, Block H, Plot No 8.
Reaching the Unreached Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer; Women and People Living with disability are encouraged to apply.