Ready to score?
You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to lead and strengthen the team in charge of organizing the biggest celebration of African football: Total Energies Africa Cup of Nations Cameroon 2021.
CAF is looking for anAccommodation Manager, to ensure the successful operational delivery of the biennial competition, we have set up a local events team. Its aim is to improve the experience of teams, guests, fans, and spectators by delivering successfully across all operational areas.
The 2021 Africa Cup of Nations will begin from January 9 to February 6, 2022, with six stadiums set to host the games across five cities in Cameroon.
This role is a temporary contract running until end of February 2022 and will be based in Yaoundé.
· Assist the development of Accommodation Operating Plans, policies, and procedures.
· Propose and manage day to day process of confirming allocation and accommodation details of all CAF constituent groups.
· Manage all hotel inventories across all client groups, prior to event and on a day-to-day basis.
· Secure and finalize the Accommodation Allotment Plan.
· Establish close relationships and contracts with hotels, for all different user groups for the tournament period; ensuring that each user group receives the requested level of service.
· Negotiate with suppliers effectively and analyze business requirements to get the best quality and cost optimized decisions.
· Supervise the reservation system.
· Organize F&B, concierge, room drops, security & hospitality desks in each hotel.
· Source and contract additional hotels, as required.
· Overall financial management and reporting.
· Develop a contingency plan for alternative accommodation areas.
· Liaise with other departments within the organization/Host Country to meet all event participants’ expectations.
· Manage the portfolio of hotel offers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management, or related fields.
- At least 5-years’ experience in Mega Events or Sports.
- Fluent in English & French Languages, both written and spoken, is a Must.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), knowledge of ERP is a Must.
- Team player, capable of adapting to different environments, flexible, patient, and resilient.
- Strong sense of accountability, responsibility, and integrity with high level of proactivity.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
- Manage working under pressure.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin color, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, age, and nationality.
If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization, submit your application in English (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters).
Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration, please send your C.V. to [email protected]
Application deadline 10/08/2021