Assistant Water Distribution Technician (5 Posts) at Kiliwater Company Limited September, 2020.
Position: Assistant Water Distribution Technician (5 Posts)
Purpose of the Job
This is a supervision position in which the position holder will be responsible to supervise the entire allocated area of water supply networks and community hygienic proportion.
Main duties and Responsibility
- Installs new water connections, disconnect service connections and repair valves and water meters,
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled work in operation and maintenance of water intakes,
- Keeps records of work activities performed,
- Reads water meters, inspects meters for leaks and improper functioning, change out meters,
- Locates and marks water lines for other contractors,
- Repairs broken water lines including transmission main, distribution main and service lines,
- Cleans and maintains properties that are part of water system such as storage tanks and pump stations,
- Performs any other related duties as he/she may be assigned by his/her superiors.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Holders of Certificate of Secondary Education CSEE with VETA level III in plumbing and pipefitting from reputable institution,
- Working experience of not less than 2 years from reputable organization,
- Able to speak and write fluently in English and Kiswahili,
- Valid driving license category A is an added advantage.
- Pro-active and a team player.
- Demonstrating ability to follow written and oral instructions effectively.
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- The applicant should be over 30 years when lodging this application
Nature of Employment
- Three years (3) renewable contract based depending on performance
- Negotiable with other fringe benefits
Mode of Application
A written application along with Curriculum Vitae to include reliable contacts (emails and day time working telephone), applicant’s recent passport size and copies of all relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonies, names and addresses of at least three (3) reputable referees to reach the undersigned by 15th October, 2020 before 15:30 hours Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is October 15, 2020