Job Opportunities At KUWASA. Kigoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (KUWASA) is an Autonomous utility which was established under section 3 (1) of Water Works Act, Cap. 272 as a repealed by the Water Supply and Sanitation Act No. 05 of 2019. KUWASA has an overall responsibility of operations and management of portable, clean and safe water and sanitation services in Kigoma Municipality. KUWASA performs its duties under supervision of Board of Directors.
JOB TITLE: COMMERCIAL ASSISTANT II (4 POSTS)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To read all meters within the assigned area timely, efficiently and accurately;
- To dispatch monthly water bills to customers using the most customer friendly techniques;
- To ensure daily, weekly, monthly and annual collection target are met;
- To ensure all Authority revenue is collected;
- To collect meter readings data/information in customer’s premises;
- To report illegal connections;
- To report abnormal customers’ water consumption trends if observed;
- To keep and maintain meter reading records according to standard procedures;
- To report water leakages and wastage to the relevant officer;
- To report any faulty meter to the relevant officer; and
- To perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate of Secondary Education (Form IV) plus certificate in either Business Administration, Marketing or Accountancy.
- Knowledge of computer application will be