Job Opportunities At WaterAid Tanzania Ajira Mpya 2020, Nafasi Za Kazi 2020, Ajira Leo 2020
Job Positions: Research Assistants (25) and Research Supervisors (05)
Start date: Should be available to start work immediately, preferably by Thursday, January 16, 2020.
Duration of work: Approximately 14 days
Application deadline: By 6:00pm on Tuesday, January 14, 2020.
WaterAid Tanzania in collaboration with ELKA Statistical Consulting is conducting a Water and Sanitation Hygiene (WASH) mapping exercise to provide country-wide baseline data in health care facilities in Tanzania. The aim is to strengthen evidence-based government-led efforts to develop and actualize a comprehensive national wide improvement response for WASH in healthcare facilities.
In a bid to fulfill this objective, WaterAid Tanzania and ELKA Statistical Consulting is recruiting Research Assistants and Supervisors to perform the below roles.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Introduce the study purpose at selected health facilities and obtain health facility participation approval.
- Participate in a training on study protocol, data collection, and ethical procedures.
- Travel to selected study sites participating in the study and work closely with healthcare workers for the entire study duration.
- Identify potential study participants, assess eligibility, and recruit them.
- Obtain informed consent from selected participants according to study protocol.
- Develop interview schedules, arrange and conduct interviews in accordance to pre-determined interview guidelines, data collection procedures, tools, and documentation standards.
- Capture data into data collection paper/electronic tool.
- Review filled/completed data collection tools for completeness.
- Ensure secure and confidential storage of data and related instruments.
- Lead and supervise a team of 5-6 research assistants (specific to Research Supervisors)
- Conduct in-depth and key informant interviews (specific to Research Supervisors)
- Provide quality assurance during and after field data collection (specific to Research Supervisors)
- Perform quantitative data entry using ODK or Epi-Info software (specific to Research Supervisors)
- Perform additional tasks assigned by the Research Team Supervisor.
Qualifications and skills
- Must be proficient in English language and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Must have had previous experience in qualitative and quantitative public health data collection.
- Experience in using paper-based and digital data collection.
- Previous experience in health facility assessment data collection.
- Must be flexible to work and to accept responsibilities.
- Must ensure participant privacy and confidentiality of information.
- Must have attained a minimum of advanced secondary education.
- Must have trained in public health, demography, social sciences, environmental health, epidemiology, healthcare/services management, and any other related health qualification.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team work attributes.
Mode Of Application