Location: Head Office NBC
Type: Full time
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
3 Job Vacancies At NBC Bank Tanzania 2020
To build and maintain relationships across a portfolio of high value Corporate and Investment banking customers by focusing on growing value through achieving challenging sales and income targets and improving customer satisfactions. The jobholder will be responsible for business development both with new customers and with existing customers where they are expected to increase “wallet share”, to manage and sustain a portfolio of Corporate customers, to build long term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service and to maximise risk-adjusted portfolio contribution.
Sales and Service: 65%
- Grow portfolio value in line with agreed targets. This is achieved through cross sell or up sell by providing a variety of products and services to customers
- Identify sales and services opportunities and offering solutions appropriate for the customer’s needs, goals and objectives
- Work with the relevant product partners to increase the share of wallet for existing and new customers
- Increase the asset, liability and revenues for the portfolio by at least 20% year on year
- Focus on growing the transactional business of the customers
- Adopt a commercial approach to cost control and income generation of the portfolio
- Expand assigned portfolios through product optimisation and profitable cross selling
- Establish relationships and maintain proactive and regular contact with clients as part of the agreed contact plan
- Utilise all customer contact processes and products to develop a better understanding of customer needs
- Provide feedback to clients, even if query or complaint has not been resolved yet.
- Educate customer on the new operating models
- Understand and apply the relevant governance and compliance procedures to activities undertaken and maintain ongoing completion of relevant governance and compliance training
- Maintain customer records and accurate completion of applications and paperwork
- Work proactively with colleagues across the group to support the growth of lead generation
- Maintain Relationship Plans for all customers in the portfolio such that contact with customers is prioritised
- Research, create and follow up a target list for potential new business
Business Management 30%
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Relationship Planning templates to assess their present and potential contribution
- Gather all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications. Role holder will be expected to input certain key information such as judgemental information. (They will work with Business Analysts, CMAs and Operational Bankers to construct credit applications)
- Control and quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies
Read Also:- New Job Vacancy At Oxfam, June 2020
Staff Management 5%
- Day to day coaching and development of Business Analysts and Operational Bankers
Technical skills / Competencies
- Relationship skills
- Credit Risk skills
- General Corporate banking knowledge
- Communications skills
- Deciding and initiating action
- Relating and networking
- Persuading and influencing
- Planning and organising
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Following instructions and procedures
- Coping with pressure and setbacks
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- Meeting customers’ needs
- Personal Organisation
- Business awareness ·
- Business development
- Decision making
- Managing Relationships
- Team results
- Active listening
- Analysis and judgement
Bachelors Degree and Professional Qualifications – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Banking Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Business Analysis (Meets all of the requirements), Commercial mindset – Senior (Meets all of the requirements), Effective communication – Advanced (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Relationship building (Meets all of the requirements)
- To drive and deliver performance in Sales, customer management / experience, operations, controls and expense management for Branch Network.
- To manage the bank’s service channel as a pan bank service outlet.
- To meet and exceed the P&L targets assigned by NBC.
- To device and implement Sales and Service strategy and optimize the Customer Network – This includes Branch Network, ATM Network, Alternate / Digital Channels including Agency Banking etc.
- To provide business leadership & operational excellence to all customers including internal customers (staff).
- To develop, enhance and implement an effective / robust controls and processes across the customer network, direct sales and products for NBC.
- To ensure all local regulations and corporate policies are adhered to in customer network.
- Development and Implement of Branch Network Strategy (Physical / Digital), in line with Retail Banking strategy
- Manage the customer Network Team across the entire NBC network towards the Banks strategic Objectives.
- The main purpose is Loan and Advances, Deposit and alternative product growth at allotted branches
- This entails managing of all Sales Activities, Supporting, monitoring and training of Branch Sales Officers in all the respective branches