ICAP Tanzania Jobs 2020, ICAP Jobs Tanzania. A global health leader since 2003, ICAP was founded at Columbia University with one overarching goal: to improve the health of families and communities. Together with our partners—ministries of health, large multilaterals, health care providers, and patients—we strive for a world where health is available to all. Our roots are in comprehensive, family-focused HIV services and high-performing health system strengthening initiatives that provide quality and affordable health care. Today, we tackle the world’s most pressing health threats and implement sustainable solutions to meet the health needs of individuals, communities and nations. Through pioneering research and thought leadership, we promote innovative, effective, and ethical programs. And by enhancing health information systems, improving quality, and developing human resources for health, we build capacity and efficiency in the world’s most challenging, resource-limited settings. To date, we have addressed major public health challenges and the needs of local health systems through 6,000 sites across 30 countries.
3 ICAP Tanzania Jobs 2020, Program Driver
ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City, seeks program drivers to be based in Mwanza, Mara, Kagera, Geita and Dar es Salaam.
JOB TITLE: Program Driver (3 Posts)
Job no: 493135
Position type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Tanzania – Dar es Salam, Tanzania – Kagera, Tanzania – Mwanza
Application close: Sep 04 2020 E. Africa Standard Time
The driver will be responsible for driving project vehicles in the respective regions to support the implantation of FIKIA activities. He/she will also be accountable to maintain and provide general service and maintenance of the project vehicle.
- To drive ICAP Programme vehicles as directed and providing safe and efficient transportation to the staff and its visitors.
- Delivering parcels, letters and other relevant items to offices and businesses as appropriate and while on safari when directed
- Drive long distance with or without ICAP staff when required and adhere with the rules and regulation.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always clean and in good order and all the documentation e.g. insurance and road license are up to date.
- Perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, waters and tire pressures.
- Keep track of maintenance record of vehicles to ensure that service schedule is adhered to and to remind the employer in advance when vehicle (s) service is due.
- Provides information and other general assistance to the organization staff and its visitors.
- Maintains record of work performed; Fills up all necessary forms, makes timely reports of accidents, incidents and unusual occurrences.
- Ensuring necessary steps are taken as required by rules and regulations in case of involvement in an accident.
- Abide to all ICAP rules and regulations.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills & Minimum Required
- Form Four (IV) graduate or higher education is desirable.
- PSV Certificate from the National Institute of Transport (NIT) is an added advantage. Basic knowledge of automobiles and ability to make minor repairs and perform preventive maintenance.
- At least two years’ experience of successful driving both in towns and up country regions. Have valid driving license, registration and valid permits at all the time.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili. Experience in working with donor organizations at least 2 years.
- Able to travel by 90% of his time
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English