2021 KCSE Timetable Download PDF. The mandate of KNEC is outlined in Section 10 of KNEC Act No. 29 of 2012 as to:-
- Set and maintain examinations standards
- Conduct public academic, technical and other national examinations within Kenya at basic and tertiary levels
- Award certificates or diplomas to candidates in such examinations. (Such certificates or diplomas, shall not be withheld from the candidate by any person or institution)
- Confirm authenticity of certificates or diplomas issued by the Council upon request by the government, public institutions, learning institutions, employers and other interested parties
- Undertake research on educational assessment
- Advice any public institution on the development and use of any system or assessment when requested to do so, and in accordance with such terms and conditions as shall be mutually agreed between the Council and the public institutions
- Promote the international recognition of qualifications conferred by the Council
- Advice the Government on any policy decision that is relevant to, or has implications on the functions of the Council or the administration of examinations in Kenya
- Do anything incidental or conducive to the performance of the preceding functions
2021 KCSE Timetable Instructions.
The following below are the important instructions to understand for 2021 KCSE Timetable:-
- All first session examination papers will start at 8.00 a.m. The start time for second session examination papers is as indicated on the timetable.
- The time allowed for each paper is indicated against the name of the paper and NO EXTRA TIME IS TO BE ALLOWED. In case of any discrepancy, the time stated on the question paper should be taken as the correct one. Time for reading through questions is part of the time shown on the question paper except where special paper instructions indicate otherwise.
- Supervisors and Invigilators are asked to ensure that candidates have written their names, index numbers and have signed on their answer scripts before they collect the answer scripts from each candidate while the
candidates are advised to ensure that they only take the subjects they are registered for.
- Schools should upload marks for subjects with a Project component by 30th October 2021 for Milestone 1 and 31st January 2022 for Milestone 2 where applicable.