Call for the applications for the 2021 African Plant Nutrition Scholar Award. Awards of USD $2,000 each will be conferred to ten deserving African graduate students in sciences relevant to plant nutrition and the management of nutrients applied to crops.
The Award will be made directly to the student. No specific duties will be required of the recipient.
The Award will be granted independent of any assistantship, scholarship, or other award that the student currently holds.
2021 African Plant Nutrition Scholar Award Eligibility
Graduate students are eligible if they are:
- Currently attending a degree-granting institution located in Africa.
- Candidates for M.Sc., M.Phil., or Ph.D. degrees, who are currently enrolled in a program of graduate study as of the application deadline. To be eligible, M.Sc. and M.Phil students must be in the second year of their studies. Applicants who have already completed their degrees are ineligible.
- Students in the disciplines of soil science, agronomy, and horticultural science or tree crop science with a focus on plant nutrition are encouraged to apply.
- Past winners of the Award are not eligible.
In order to complete the application process, you will need to submit the following in either English or French:
- Electronic copy of transcripts of all university work, including cumulative and final grade records (GPA or percentile).
- Electronic copy of two letters of support, one of which should be from the major professor. Letters must be signed and written on official letterhead and must include the phone number and e-mail address of the letter writer.
- A description of the focus of your thesis or dissertation research presented in a manner that will permit evaluation of its originality, depth, and scope, innovative approaches, and relevance.
- A brief description of any additional information that may be relevant to the award (such as honours or awards you have received, employment history, career goals, and other activities you pursue).
- You will be required to upload documents during the online application process. It is recommended that electronic (pdf) copies of these documents be prepared in advance.
Application must be completed by 31 May, 2021.
The successful recipients will be notified in July, 2021 and the Award will be presented to the winners as soon as practical thereafter.
How to Apply 2021 African Plant Nutrition Scholar Award For Graduates
The application is only available on-line here at www.apni.net/scholar-apply
Questions can be sent to: [email protected]