2 Jobs At Desire Investment Company Limited
Job Title: Hotel Manager
Managing all segments of the Hotel, including lodging/accommodation, food and beverages management, human resources, housekeeping, garden.
- Managing all segments of the Hotel, including lodging/accommodation, food and beverages management, human resources, housekeeping, gardens as well as other guest services. They will be in charge of employees, customer service, quality control etc
- Ensures the hotel is well managed and profitably run, its surroundings are neatly cleaned, secure and safe at all times.
- Keeps track of all bookings and works closely with clients to ensure that the booing chart is well maintained and updated accordingly.
- Liaises with Managing Director regarding purchase of supplies, materials, equipment, or other resources
- Arranges for maintenance and repair of the buildings, equipment and other facilities.
- Ensures the Hotel is clean and well maintained at all times and to work closely with the MD to hire contractors to perform services, such as painting or plumbing when such services are needed.
- Ensures that all supplies, from housekeeping materials to furniture, are in good condition and in stock.
- Implements policies, processes, strategies, plans and procedures for the operation of the establishment.
- Prepares required paperwork pertaining to departmental functions by documenting organizational or operational procedures.
- Performs any other task as shall be assigned by MD from time to time.
- Ensures positive customer experiences by maintaining high-quality standards of the facility and remedying problems.
- Conduct room, kitchen, and grounds inspections to make sure that they are all up to good standards.
- Greet guests at arrival, create standards surveys, and find acceptable solutions to problems that may arise.
- Receive and process e-mails, letters etc.
- Provide basic information to guests, visitors, or clients.
- Where applicable to coordinate functions or events for guests.
- Ensures lodge is safe and secure at all times.
Human Resources Responsibilities:
- To train staff, and induct new staff members or trainees.
- To maintain employee records and file reports regarding employee’s performance and effectiveness.
- In collaboration with the Managing Director to set goals for employees and organize their performance appraisal.
- To manage departments, such as housekeeping, service, security, and front office personnel.
- To schedule and lead staff meetings to regularly communicate with staff and to ensure that all departments are meeting the Hotel and standards.
- Ensures all revenues from accommodation, bar sales, laundry etc. are collected.
- Ensures Fiscal receipts are issued for every transaction.
- Monitors payroll, customer billing, and expense accounts
- Facilitate the collection of payments for goods or services.
- Prepares the Hotel plan and budget
- Ensure Revenue and Expenditure Reports are communicated to Managing Directors on daily basis.
- Able to work under pressure, flexible on working hours, able maximize the given budget.
- Minimum University diploma in Hotel Management with at least a four years position & industry experience.
- The ideal candidates should have a high level of integrity, Strong customer and employee communication skills, self-motivated and be highly-organized. Computer literacy is a must.
- The candidate must very consolidated, well-matched, be very fluent speaking Swahili and English languages.
Jobs At Desire Investment Company Limited
Job Title: Accounting Technician
Handling all Accounting technical responsibilities!
- NBAA ATEC 1 OR II
- Diploma in Accounting, finance or any other related field from a recognized university or college.
- At least one year experience in related role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have good attitude and loyalty
- Capable of using Accounting packages and Micro soft office ie word, Excel etc
- Data Entry Management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Posting invoiced sales in the system.
- Handling of local supplier accounts
- Processing returns and payment of taxes (PAYE, SDL,VAT, W/tax,S/duties, NSSF, WCF, Corporate taxes, City Levy Reconciles the bank accounts) and report to the management.
- Contact person with banks and TRA
- Updating fixed asset register
- Issue of EFD receipts as per customers request on daily basis
- Posting invoiced sales and tax invoices in the in Accounting software on daily basis
- Perform Stock taking exercise to all collection centres and Report to the Management.
- Collecting cash receipts from customers and issue respective EFD receipts
- Reporting to the management Revenue collection and Expenditure on daily basis.
- Report to the management Stock movement both from main store and all point of sales
- Assist External consultants in preparation of financial statements.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Desire Investment Company Limited
Note: All application should be sent via email at [email protected]