Jobs At Abt Associates Tanzania, September 2020. Organization Overview. The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
2 Jobs At Abt Associates Tanzania, September 2020
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Finance and Administration Manager to support the SHOPS Plus project and the GHSC program in Tanzania. Under the supervision of the Tanzania SHOPS Plus Chief of Party, the Finance and Administration Manager oversees and directs all aspects of financial and administrative support for the SHOPS Plus project.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and monitor project budget, financial reports, and projection of funding needs, in close coordination with senior project staff
- Records expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in the books of accounts
- Prepares payment vouchers and corresponding checks
- Prepares payroll and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (for advances, loans, taxes, etc.)
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations
- Checks petty cash payments and periodically reconciles petty cash balances
- Keeps a regularly updated inventory register of fixed assets and maintains an easy cross reference system of all government property
- Support the general operations and closedown of the country program
- Support the development, execution, and management of subcontractor, purchase order and consultant agreements
- Support the tracking and reporting of the cost share obligation for the country program
- Ensure proper management of the country program bank accounts
- Provide limited financial support as needed to other Abt projects in Tanzania in collaboration with the Global Health Supply Chain program
- Ensures that the books of accounts are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required
- Prepares the monthly remote office vouchers in accordance with Abt Associates procedures and policies.
- Prepares monthly fund requests, and promptly advises action required to cover estimated costs
- Ensures that government taxes are paid on time
- Perform general clerical duties, to include but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing
- Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of a project archive, including contract and subcontract documents, client approvals, personnel files, consultant documents, travel files, procurement files, files of project deliverables, minutes of meetings, and project reports
- Manage and document correspondences between project offices, the home office, the client, other partners, and stakeholder, as needed
- Oversee the proper reporting of labor time and ensure the timely submission of electronic and paper timesheets, and the timely completion and submission of Labor Adjustment Forms, when needed
- Experience in payroll management, petty cash management, financial reporting, and budget tracking.
- Strong analytical skills, with an emphasis on budget and financial analysis.
- Experience in inventory management is desirable.
- Experience in logistics, procurement, and supply chain management highly desirable.
- A strong command of financial computer applications
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and ability to work well on teams.
- Familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards.
- Fluency in English and in at least one local language
- Master’s degree and 6-8 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Career Opportunities: Administrative Assistant / Human Resource Manager – Tanzania PS3+ (68662)
Req Id 68662 – Tanzania, United Republic of – International Development Division
- Support the HR Manager in monitoring administrative procedures in human resources management
- Support the recruitment process (Publication, interview, selection report, check professional references of new candidates and biological data forms)
- Support the orientation and integration of new units
- Monitor and document the constitution and use of annual leave, statutory holidays, maternity leave and sick leave of employees
- Write consultant agreements, ensuring that all backup information meets Abt standards
- Support the administration of the health care program for staff
- Participate in the implementation of HR management systems for the project
- Manage employee departures by ensuring that all required documentation is prepared and filed
- Perform all other tasks at the request of the HR Manager
- Bachelor in Human Resources, Commerce / Business, Management or related field
- At least 3 years professional experience in human resources management in a similar position in a donor funded development context being highly desirable
- Demonstrated skills in organization, reporting and management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Bachelor’s degree or a high school diploma (based on level) and 2-4 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.