Savannas Forever Tanzania (SFTZ) based in Arusha, is a registered Tanzanian research and communication NGO launched in 2006. SFTZ uses research to measure the impacts of development projects and leverages that information to build learning networks that connect rural communities and their stakeholders in the private, public and charitable organizations at local, national and international levels.
Savannas Forever Tanzania integrates quantitative and qualitative methods that measure outcomes related to socio-economics, including: maternal and child health, nutrition and food security, anthropometric measures, institutional analyses, HIV/AIDS, natural resource use, gender differences, education, livestock and agricultural production, and conservation, to help alleviate poverty in rural areas and sustain natural resources in Tanzania. The SFTZ research team conducts surveys, in-depth interviews, and focus groups discussion—surveys are collected using tablets and are geocoded.
2 Job Vacancies At Savannas Forever Tanzania (SFTZ)
The following are job Vacancies details announced by Savannas Forever Tanzania:-
JOB TITLE: Maasai Facilitator/Note Taker
- Record and facilitate the discussions, compile and transcribe audios/notes before the next day.
- Attend daily review and feedback sessions with the research supervisors.
- Incorporate feedback to improve the work.
- Make sure to record only what the participants are saying. Probe for details as appropriate.
- Refer as appropriate any research participants that may need further support.
- Explain the purpose of the research to all participants.
- Diploma or University degree, additional qualifications in Social Science will be an added advantage.
- At least two years of professional work experience in the relevant field.
- Should be Maasai speaker and excellent communication and writing skills in English and Swahili.
- Experience in qualitative research facilitation, note taking and English transcription is desirable.
- Knowledge in computer skills especially Microsoft packages- especially Microsoft word.
- Well organized, result focused, creative, flexible with the ability to work to deadlines.
Applications should include a one-page cover letter and two-paged CV or Resume. Please quote “MAASAI FACILITATOR/NOTE TAKER” as a reference in your subject line.
JOB TITLE: Swahili/English translators and transcribers
- Reads through or listens to material in Swahili, ascertains understanding of the meaning and context of that material, and converts it from Swahili to English , making sure to preserve the original meaning
- Consults with SFTZ data manager and other colleagues in order to understand specialized concepts and translate them appropriately. Refers to online translation tools for additional assistance with translation
- Follows up with SFTZ data manager to ensure satisfaction and understanding
- Bachelor’s Degree and Minimum 2 years proven experience in translating and transcribing qualitative interviews from Kiswahili to English and back
- Fluency in Swahili and English in addition to your native language
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- Good knowledge of content editing tools
- Time-management skills
- Additional certification in Linguistics is a plus
- Microsoft word Proficiency, Motivation, Ability to Meet Deadlines, Ability to Work under Pressure
Applications should include a one-page cover letter and two-paged CV or Resume. Please quote “TRANSLATOR/TRANSCRIBER” as a reference in your subject line.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and Application at [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is October 03, 2020