2 Job Vacancies At Evolve People Solutions
Job Title: Transportation Officer
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports To: Operations Manager
Purpose of Position:
Our client is looking to hire a Transportation Officer who shall be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the transport department through the supervision of company vehicles, drivers and mechanics.
- Coordinate the movement of vehicles and other transportation assets;
- Ensure the appropriate use, maintenance and repair of all vehicles and plan for regular inspection and spot checks
- Create and/or modify various systems to manage the movement of vehicles and personnel;
- Keep documents current such as registration, insurance, vehicle logs, daily inspection reports, etc.
- Ensure sufficient supply of fuel and oil for all operating and non-operating vehicles.
- Manage fuel requests, fuel stocks (supplier agreements) and spare parts inventories;
- Produce monthly fuel and vehicle use reports, “work orders,” etc.
- Install and maintain the Vehicle Management System (VMS); ensure that data is input regularly and that required reports are produced.
- Hire, train and supervise drivers.
- Drivers, conductors and mechanics
Key Working Relationships:
- All staff using company vehicles
- All clients and partners of the company that lease the vehicles of the company, suppliers I.e. fuel providers, service stations, spare parts suppliers
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing a transport department
- Bachelor’s degree in Transport and Logistics Management or equivalent
- Mechanical experience
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Strong negotiating skills
- Demonstrated rational and logical thinking; ability to creatively and quickly find solutions to problems
- Proven ability to manage personnel, delegate and follow-up; must be able to “multi-task”
- Fluency (writing, reading, speaking) in English
- Computer experience: Windows systems, MS Word and MS Excel;
Position: Lodge Manager
Purpose of Position:
Our client is looking to hire a Lodge Manager who shall be responsible for maintaining the smooth operation of their remote Lodge complex. In addition to that the successful incumbent shall provide leadership to staff, maintain lodge facilities and provide a level of hospitality which meets the company’s expectations.
Location: The role is based at one of the remote lodge facilities in Mloka district, near the Selous Game Reserve, Rufiji, Tanzania.
Relationships: Reports to the Managing Director, works closely with the Purchasing Officer, Reservations and Sales teams.
- Provide a welcoming lodge environment for our guests with high standards of service, meals and housekeeping which meet the company’s expectations.
- Maintain the smooth operation of the Lodge, its facilities, infrastructure, services and functions.
- Coordinate with the reservations team on guest requirements and activities and plan accordingly to ensure our guests have a comfortable stay with zero disruptions
- Manage all staff reporting to the position so as to effectively assist, train, develop, motivate and monitor their activities.
- Maintain a safe, harmonious, enjoyable work place environment for staff. To lead by example in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
- Work closely with the Line Managers to create a strong management team Communicate and report to senior management on a regular basis in line with company requirements.
- Gain a clear understanding of the manager’s duties and ensure that these are carried out to the highest standards.
- Customer Service Skills:
- People Management, Communication Skills, Team Player and Decision making skills.
- Must enjoy dealing with customers, being friendly, helpful and providing an excellent level of service to customers.
- Will help out and do other duties if required, not afraid to get their hands dirty and will go the extra mile.
- Must be able to think on your feet and adapt to changing conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management or equivalent
- 3 years minimum in the hotel industry in a supervisory position
- Food and beverage proficiency is an added advantage
- Must be multi-lingual: Swahili & English (French, Italian, and German) are a plus.