Tanzania Automotive Technology Centre (TATC) TATC is wholly owned by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Ministry of Defence and National Service (MoDNS).
2 Job Opportunities At Tanzania Automotive Technology Centre (TATC)
TATC seeks to recruit intelligent and result-oriented Tanzanians with high integrity to fill 2 vacant posts mentioned below:-
JOB TITLE: TECHNICIAN II -1 POST
Report to: Chief Prototype Workshop Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- To operate machine tools such as lather, milling boring, grinding, drilling and gear cutting machines.
- To calculate and set special machine tool operations e.g gear generation setting parameters and numerical control machines programming.
- To assist junior Artisans in the interpretation of complex manufacturing engineering drawings.
- To identify machine tool malfunction for proper reporting.
- To undertake safety measures of production personnel machine tools material handling and other facilities.
- A holder of FTC/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from recognized institution.
JOB TITLE: ENGINEER II -1 POST
Reports to: Chief Maintenance Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- To conduct design of engineering systems components and maintenance tools.
- To undertake preventive and breakdown maintenance of machine tools, material handling equipment, motor vehicles and other facilities.
- To prepare weekly job loading and ensure timely completion of maintenance, repair and installation works.
- To repair the Centre’s assets (machinery, equipment and facilities) and ensure their continual operation.
- To prepare “requests for repair” forms for works to be subcontracted.
- To conduct diagnostic analysis of failure components.
- To advise on modification or innovation of failure components for improved performance.
- To select materials and components to suit particular maintenance application; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- A holder of Bachelor Degree in Automobile Engineering from a recognized institution. Must be registered by Engineers Registration Board (ERB) as Graduate Engineer.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Applicants must attach an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- The title of the position applied should be written in the subject of the application letter marked on the envelope.
- Applicant must attach their relevant certified copies of academic certificates, one recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
- Applicants who currently employed in the Public Service should route the application letters through their respective employers.
- Application letter should be written in Swahili or English.
- Application should be sent to the undersigned not later than 30th May, 2021 at 4.00 PM
Method of Application
The Director General,
Private Bag, Nyumbu- Kibaha,
Tel: 0738 341 330/0738 309 363
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date of interview.
Remuneration will be according to TATC Scheme of Service. Closing Date : 30th May, 2021.