2 Job Opportunities At Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Limited,
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit underground Electrician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering First Line Leader
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift/ 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Day Off
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings;
- Wear the appropriate PPE for the task at hand;
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Install and maintain of all electrical equipment to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability.
- Overhaul electrical equipment in accordance with set company policies and procedures.
- Complete required testing and safety checks on specified electrical equipment.
- Attend to breakdowns and complete necessary fault-finding.
- Carry out defined and necessary electrical equipment checks.
- Ensure total adherence to all safety, health and environmental procedures and guidelines as well as all other company policies and procedures.
- Complete modifications to electrical equipment in accordance with specified instructions.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experience personnel.
- Implementation and execution of all tasks and instructions as instructed by superiors
- Electrical trade certificate – (FTC/IMTT / VETA)
- Ordinary/Advanced level certificate – Form IV/VI
- Valid driving license for light Vehicle, UTV machine
- 5 Years’ experience on industrial electrical
- Underground mining experience is added advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer literate in the Microsoft Package Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “ELECTRICIAN“ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 11th October 2020.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
JOB TITLE: Exploration Manager
- Recruit, train and develop talented national geologists into levels of increasing responsibility. Provide mentorship and guidance for senior exploration staff.
- Collection and maintenance of highest quality data and constant monitoring of the data collection process to ensure it meets all required standards for reporting to the stock exchange
- Management of 2D & 3D databases and ensuring that Leapfrog3D / Micromine projects & ArcGIS workspaces are accurate and always up to date and accessible by the wider AME team
- Establish and ensure that best practices are being employed and that technical expertise is being used effectively to meet project milestones and objectives
- Ensure completion of all technical work programs within approved timelines and budgets and delivery of all required information in a timely manner for completion of year-end Resource and Reserve calculations
- Exploration program planning, budgeting, reporting and other normal administrative duties associated with such a role
- Debating and presenting models, targets, and results to the company and the public and being able to engage with senior technical staff in the company
- Maintaining relationships with contractors and JV partners
- Actively contribute to the establishment and growth of positive relationships that maintain our social license in the communities and Governments with which we operate
- Ensure there is adherence to all required regulatory legislation and instill a safety culture across field teams and maintain safety standards
- Other related duties as required.
- Constant movement between project areas where work is ongoing and senior oversight is required
- The ownership of our geological models throughout Tanzania including the operations.
- Responsible for generative work in Tanzania, with support from the roving AME technical & generative team. Ensuring that work programs over target areas of interest are carried out in a timely and efficient manner according to corporate objectives
- Responsible for identifying and progressing new exploration business opportunities in Tanzania, through a deep knowledge of Tanzanian projects, deposits and operations and ongoing mineral intelligence
- Graduate degree as well as a professional designation (e.g. CPA, CMA, CA, CIA), or equivalent work
- A proven track record of discovery and a passion for geology and a desire to find world class orebodies
- Have prior experience in a similar role of a similar scale. Prior experience managing diverse teams in Africa will be looked upon favorably
- Experience in Proterozoic or Archean greenstone terrains for orogenic gold exploration and with a strong geological background, particularly structural geology
- An excellent understanding of geological environments, deposit models, and ore-forming processes as pertains to the latest concepts of gold deposit environments
- An ability to think across-scales and to integrate diverse, large datasets
- Undergraduate degree in geology and/or geological engineering; advanced degree an asset
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in mineral exploration including with significant gold experience
- Experience in Project Generation and development of grassroots targets through the exploration process
- Experience exploring on active mine-sites, both open pit and underground
- A demonstrated commitment to safety, environment, and community
- A track record of talent development with strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills and needs to be prepared to spend time in the field with the team ensuring the basics are being done properly
- Experience in field mapping, pitting, trenching, regolith mapping, RC chip and core logging, Geological interpretation, construction of detailed geological models etc.
- Exposure to large engineering projects such as Feasibility Studies would be an asset
- Have a good understanding of project economics and evaluation
- Previous work experience with any of the following software platforms; Datashed, Target/Target for ArcGIS, ArcGIS, Vulcan, Micromine, Leapfrog would be beneficial
- Registered as or has the ability to be registered as a Professional Geologist
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Barrick’s vision is to be the world’s most valued gold mining business by finding, developing and owning the best assets, with the best people to deliver sustainable returns for our owners and partners.
Barrick is a sector-leading gold company which owns five of the industry’s Top 10 Tier One assets (Cortez and Goldstrike in Nevada, USA; Kibali in DRC; Loulo-Gounkoto in Mali; and Pueblo Viejo in Dominican Republic) and two with the potential to achieve Tier One status (Goldrush/Fourmile and Turquoise Ridge, both in the USA). Barrick has the lowest total cash cost position among senior gold companies and a diversified asset portfolio positioned for growth in many of the world’s most prolific gold districts.