14 Drivers Job At World Vision Tanzania
Purpose of the position:
- To drive WVT vehicles so as to facilitate staff/visitor movements as assigned by Senior Transport Officer and keep the vehicle clean and in good working condition
- Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- To keep vehicle clean, in good condition for use and take care of all tool kit
- Drive all WVT vehicle and ensure that fuel, oil, water, tires and general state of the car has been checked before use
- Maintain log book for each and every trip
- Ensure that vehicles is serviced as planned
- To ensure all visitors sign the child protection forms as soon as they are picked up.
- To ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded either by people or luggage
- Report any adverse observation of a vehicle to Senior Transport Officer
- Remind/advice Senior Transport Officer to matters pertaining to services and repairs of vehicles
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and ExperienceThe following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required:
- Form Four with a valid class C driving license
- 3 years in driving
- Form Four with NIT Advanced Driving Certificate
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate in English and good command of Kiswahili
- Good relationship with other staff
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with regular travel to the field
- Travel: 15% Domestic travel is required.
Disclaimer: World Vision does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. Also World Vision will not be responsible for fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity