Mauritius Africa Scholarships Scheme 2021 (Fully Funded). The Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or African Commonwealth countries, as per the following criteria:
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by the closing date of application.
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and, for PhD programmes,
applicants should not have reached 40 years by the closing date of application.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, Master’s or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the Guidelines for Applicants) for academic year starting in 2021.
- The scholarship will be for a maximum duration as indicated in the table below or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
Programme of Studies Maximum Duration
- Undergraduate Diploma Three (3) years
- Undergraduate Degree Four (4) years
- Master Two (2) years
- MPhil / PhD Four (4) years + 6 months for the transfer from MPhil to PhD
- PhD Three (3) years
Benefits of Mauritius Africa Scholarships Scheme 2021
The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
Furthermore, the scholarship covers a return airfare by the most economical route. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
All students will be required to undergo a 14-day
quarantine upon arrival in Mauritius; the cost of which will be covered under this scheme. Cost of PCR tests will also be met.
Additionally, if any student is tested positive for the Coronavirus (Covid-19) upon arrival, the related medical expenses will be covered under this scheme.
The following documents are available for download from the following websites (http://ministry-education.govmu.org
I. Guidelines for Applicants
- This document contains important information regarding the conditions attached to the scholarship, the application procedure, and a list of public Higher Education Institutions in Mauritius where full-time on campus studies are run.
II. Application Form (Applicants are invited to fill in the form electronically before printing)
- Application for the scholarship can only be made on the application form, duly filled-in. Section 5 of the application form should be endorsed and completed by the Nominating Agency in the country of citizenship of the applicant.
Applications which are not made through the Nominating Agency of the respective countries will not be entertained.
An application under this Scheme is to be made solely through the Nominating Agency responsible for the processing of scholarships in the country of citizenship of the applicant. Such Nominating Agency, which may typically be part of the Ministry of Education in the country of the applicant, will then shortlist and endorse the applications of a
maximum of FIFTEEN (15) eligible candidates (five in each category of Undergraduate, Masters and MPhil/PhD) and submit the duly completed application forms as per the table below:
Intake Deadline for electronic submission Deadline for submission of hard copy August 2021 30 April 2021 14 May 2021 Applications, together with supporting documents as required should be forwarded to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius at the address mentioned below, for a final selection.
The Senior Chief Executive,
Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology
(Attn: Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Division)
Level 2, MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544.
Republic of Mauritius (Email: [email protected] )
How to Apply Mauritius Africa Scholarships Scheme 2021
For More Information: